MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new cam chain tensioner, valve cover gasket, and fork seals. I have check with Pro Italia and my Atlanta area MV dealer and the parts are 3+ weeks out. Anyone know where I can find parts sooner?
Thanks,
David

·
Administrator
20,032 Posts
Fork seals are generic parts....if the parts man knows what he is doing. Get them from the aftermarket (cheaper too). Rider's hill in Dahlonega HAD valve cover gaskets...maybe they sold out? They should have reordered. Blue Moon also had them in stock, if they didn't reorder I will be disappointed in their commitment to service MVs.

Cam chain tensioner? has yours failed? you might ask CAG.....there is also the dealer in Houston who is a sponsor of this site...ask them.

And you are in Kennesaw? you WILL attend the Bubbaliscious this October I would presume?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found some 50mm fork seals from BMW of Atlanta since they sell Huskys. My cam chain tensioner is the old and I wanted to update to the new "black" one.
I will check the dealers you have listed.
I will have to find out more about this Bubbaliscious!
Thanks,
David

·
Administrator
20,032 Posts
What year is your Brutale? I don't think the cam chain tensioners were problematic with Brutales. The color is irrelevant if the inside pivot point is the stronger part.

Bubba....just do a search, or look in the Events section.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read a post about the updated cam chain tensioners, but was unsure if my 2004 Brutale was affected. I just wanted to be sure, since the Brutale is a little noisier than my previous bikes (SuperDuke, Tuono)???
I will do a search in the Events- Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi David,

Cam chain tensioners were a bit of an issue on the F4-1000R. The 'flesh' around the tensioner retainer clip hinge (damn, wish I could explain this clearly) was rather thin and sometimes broke. The affected tensioners were replaced with the one from the Tamburini that is more solid. Never heard this problem ever occurred on a Brutale. Raw, mechanical sound is quite normal and harmless.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the information about the Brutale. I saw the thread with the "cracked" chain cam tensioner. I will now just check my valves and reset the chain cam tensioner. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts