MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get paint for the front fender and air inlets
That match the gold/bronze of the tail and the pearl white of the tank.

What's everybody else using. Where you getting it? Is it a name brand (duplicolor, plastikote, etc?) or are you getting it custom done ?

Just trying to gather some info from everyone who's done it as it really makes these bikes look awesome.

Some really nice MVs out there !

Cheers
From canada

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
I think you will need to go to an auto paint supplier like a PPG shop and have them match the color using their spectrometer.
Really good high end auto body shops make their own paint. Essential to accommodate normal color fade from UV or variation in factory batches.
This is what I did when making repairs on my Brutale.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You could try going to touchupdirect. Theyre based out of Los Angeles and have paint matches for most if not all of the MV colors. I've been waiting for enough motivation to paint my plastic radiator shrouds to match my tail and they are where I would go first. They even have the multi color pearls that MV uses. If you really want to get fancy they have interesting car colors for the big names like Ferrari and Rolls Royce.

touchupdirect.com

They do both aerosols, pens, and traditional quart or so cans depending on your desired application method.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I read through the owners manual on my F3 (I think the F4 also) and the manual indicates where the MV paint code is on the bike. Not sure if this applies to the brutale but I expect it may.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You could try going to touchupdirect. Theyre based out of Los Angeles and have paint matches for most if not all of the MV colors. I've been waiting for enough motivation to paint my plastic radiator shrouds to match my tail and they are where I would go first. They even have the multi color pearls that MV uses. If you really want to get fancy they have interesting car colors for the big names like Ferrari and Rolls Royce.

touchupdirect.com

They do both aerosols, pens, and traditional quart or so cans depending on your desired application method.
Touchupdirect refunded my money on an order for my B800. They said they were still waiting on samples from MV.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great thanks for the replies. I do have the factory paint codes but it's the retailers who don't for mv bikes. I see on touch up direct they have listings for colours from the 2012brutale 675. Might try the spectrometer route here.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
My brother-in-law painted mine for me, he owns a car bodyshop, I gave him the codes from the manual and he had no problem getting them but they weren't an exact match, it's very very close and the majority of people wouldn't spot it, in fact even the painted parts from the factory don't match each other.

One thing though, if you paint the mud guard you might want to cover with some chip protection film? It's a magnet for stone chips, especially the sides in front of the forks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
One thing though, if you paint the mud guard you might want to cover with some chip protection film? It's a magnet for stone chips, especially the sides in front of the forks.
Yes... Hence I finally decided against painting mine to match the rest of the bike (Thanks again for your images though). I've since invested in a selection of carbon parts... :smoking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts