MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently helped someone regarding this issue and figured i'd just pass along the information to help others. Frankly i got a bit tired of seeing a new fuel fitting thread pop up about every other week. Hopefully if folks use the search function they will be able to come across this thread save themselves some coin and the rest of us from having to endlessly repeat ourselves.

Now keep in mind i have nothing to do with this company and am getting no kick back. It was simply the one i found the fittings from for a reasonable price and came up easily in a google search. There may be other vendors out there who sell them for less. So if you have the inclination to save a couple more pennies then net search away. CPC fittings are fairly common so chances are there is more than one company that sells them.

For folks outside the U.S. i don't know if they ship overseas. However, you can send an email to Rob at [email protected] as he is the one who helped me out. If you prefer you can ring them at (800)323-3164 ext. 110 which is Rob's line. He seemed quite knowledgeable about this stuff which is why i refer you to him. Actually the over riding reason is because he went above and beyond what almost any other vendor would have done when i asked about very specific sizes. He offered to go back to the warehouse and take measurements without me even having to ask. You just don't come across that kind of service these days. Again, i don't get anything out of this but would be nice if you let him know JD sent ya. And if you didn't care to call them one can order online as well.

So, on to the pieces one needs. From what i have gathered there are 2 different combinations one needs for their bike. The way i understand it is the earlier 750 bikes use a 1/4 fitting on the fuel line, and the 1000cc bikes use a 3/8 fitting on the fuel line. The fitting that goes into the tank itself is the same for all. If you are unsure then you'll need to remove the hose from your bike and measure the plastic fitting to be certain.

LCD10004V is the boss/tank fitting of which you need 2.

LCD23006V is the larger 90 degree fitting which is 3/8 and you'll need 2.

LCD23004V is the smaller 90 degree fitting which is 1/4 and you'll need 2

These metal fittings are all valved couplings so there is no spillage, or very little, when disconnected.
In all you will need 4 fittings. Most folks will need the first 2 listed, but in some cases the smaller fittings would be needed. You can go to their website www.quickcouplings.net to see and order the fittings.

Edit: corrected the first part number as there was 1 to many zeros in there.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Recently helped someone regarding this issue and figured i'd just pass along the information to help others. Frankly i got a bit tired of seeing a new fuel fitting thread pop up about every other week. Hopefully if folks use the search function they will be able to come across this thread save themselves some coin and the rest of use from having to endlessly repeat ourselves.

Now keep in mind i have nothing to do with this company and am getting no kick back. It was simply the one i found the fittings from for a reasonable price and came up easily in a google search. There may be other vendors out there who sell them for less. So if you have the inclination to save a couple more pennies then net search away. CPC fittings are fairly common so chances are there is more than one company that sells them.

For folks outside the U.S. i don't know if they ship overseas. However, you can send an email to Rob at [email protected] as he is the one who helped me out. If you prefer you can ring them at (800)323-3164 ext. 110 which is Rob's line. He seemed quite knowledgeable about this stuff which is why i refer you to him. Actually the over riding reason is because he went above and beyond what almost any other vendor would have done when i asked about very specific sizes. He offered to go back to the warehouse and take measurements without me even having to ask. You just don't come across that kind of service these days. Again, i don't get anything out of this but would be nice if you let him know JD sent ya. And if you didn't care to call them one can order online as well.

So, on to the pieces one needs. From what i have gathered there are 2 different combinations one needs for their bike. The way i understand it is the earlier 750 bikes use a 1/4 fitting on the fuel line, and the 1000cc bikes use a 3/8 fitting on the fuel line. The fitting that goes into the tank itself is the same for all. If you are unsure then you'll need to remove the hose from your bike and measure the plastic fitting to be certain. These are all valved couplings so there is no spillage, or very little, when disconnected.

LCD100004V is the boss/tank fitting of which you need 2.

LCD23006V is the larger 90 degree fitting which is 3/8 and you'll need 2.

LCD23004V is the smaller 90 degree fitting which is 1/4 and you'll need 2

All in all you will need 4 fittings. Most folks will need the first 2 listed, but in some cases the smaller fittings would be needed. You can go to their website www.quickcouplings.net to see and order the fittings. There are all kinds of other couplings that one may like to browse. Speaking of browsing they have all kinds of fittings/couplings for all kind of other uses at www.gocfa.com which i spent a long time putting around. Found some other cool items to use for other projects....maybe you would too.

Nice contribution..I'll use this info. cheers :drummer:

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Wait till you try and order Joe, and they tell you the minimum required.
Thanks for the info varium, it is useful and have been posted before, most of the forum sponsors can help the bloke who needs just 2 fittings.

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
Just as an alternative for Aussies (not trying to hijack this thread).RS Components in Sydney sells CPC fittings that we use.I recently bought 1 female fitting for $37.00 and free delivery to the Gold Coast.:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice work Varium, I just ordered a set (4 pieces) online for about $60 including delivery to Oz. The V part of the code is important as it refers to Viton seals which are compatible with fuel. Rickyleesurf, you might want to check yours. Viton are usually a brown colour. If they're anything other than Viton they will deteriorate at a faster rate.

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
I go to my local Triumph dealer.....they have them also....and not all that costly. It was a recall and they have kits with o-rings and all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts