MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at checking my valve clearance my self and have consulted my B4 workshop manual. In there is states that if you need to adjust the clearances refer to F4 engine manual part no.8000A1592. I have asked google and searched the forum but I can not find out where to get this manual from. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Also as a bonus question:

I while ago, when I first go my B4 i had many electrical issues that resulted in Ignition coils needing replaced. A the time finding the correct Beru part of the B4 750 was very difficult, it the end with the help of some of guys in the know i got some coils from an F4, which had the wrong loom connections on them. SO.. I replaced the connectors with alternatives. Long story short I would like to return to the factory fit connections so that in the future I can fit a Healtec Quick shifter, I don't want to have to butcher the wiring in that to suit the bike, I would rather restore the bike to stock. Do you know where I can source these connectors? I looked on Startwin Trading but they don't have then.

Thanks

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
Reactions: Calcifur

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will have a look.

I found these but I am not sure if its the one I am looking for. I will need to have a dig through all my bits and pieces and see if I still have the original ones somewhere, I deally I would like both male and female ends so that I can wire the existing coils i bought to fit as if they were the stock ones. (if that makes sense!!)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well spotted, upon closer inspection it would appear that the one specific to the B4 750 cuts the Injectors and not the coils.

[I]2. Does the iQSE cut the ignition coils or the injectors?
We examine all bikes and offer the best option, to make the installation as simple as possible.
Our QSH-Fxx kits cut the injectors. All other kits cut the ignition coils.
There’s no difference in the shift quality or feel.[/I]

Helps if you read the FAQs......:loser:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for confirming. You must let me know how you like it. I have a lot of work to do before I fit one. Lots damaged panels and paint to repair/replace after the side stand snapped in th back of a trailer. Dread to think what it's goona cost to respray the tank..

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for confirming. You must let me know how you like it. I have a lot of work to do before I fit one. Lots damaged panels and paint to repair/replace after the side stand snapped in th back of a trailer. Dread to think what it's goona cost to respray the tank..

calcifur here's a tank on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Tank-MV-AGUSTA-Brutale-ID72507/163430237429?hash=item260d3384f5:g:1XkAAOSwezRcEtC2
it might not be the correct color for your bike but it will cost just as much to get tank respray just a thought .

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that. I actuly wondered about having a pop at wrapping the tank. The side panels, under the pillion seat, are looking shabby and the tank has some scratches and a big chip on one of the pointy bits so to get it all resprayed at this time is too much, but for price of some vinyl I though I might have a shot at that.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
?

Calcifur:
The link Nigel gave you is for the 1000 #8A00A3313
Google "MV Agusta Engine Manual"
The 1st one is a pdf of the one you want....#8000A1592 for the 750s
You have to view the pdf to see the manual number it's opposite page 1 :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys I think I have found the manuals.

Thanks Noel, I already spotted that info on the page, it's also how found out my workshop manual was 3 editions old! lol

·
Registered
473 Posts

just been out on bike first attempt bike kept cutting out
did a few tweeks to settings still no joy then me being curious the setting up said set rpm in sync with bike so i change this setting
on bike it idles around 1150 on the app 1150 or thereabouts pulses per sec 1 this is what the instructions tell you, i set it to 1150 on bike and 550/600 on app
pulse per sec 2 it works brilliant you have to be very smooth though with gear changes but i am impressed bike is super quick along with other mods i have done
performance water pump samco hoses, engine ice and a radiator change bike is running really well :smile2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts