MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brutale 750 - '05, has a problem that indicates an error in the SPU.
There is no power to spark plugs and fuel pump, while the lights, blinkers and starter normally operate, the voltage on the fuse "INJECTOR FUEL PUMP - INJECTOR COIL" varies between 6-10V at each new turn ignition switch to "ON" and then after 3 seconds falling to 0V unless is connected to the fuel pump, then shows a voltage of 0.1V when switch to "ON" and then drops to 0V. All contacts are inspected and cleaned, damage to the wires have not noticed.
Did I miss anything????

I searched the forum and found links which mainly refer to the "Vesuvio"
(www.oem-vesuvio.com, www.vesuvioracing.com) but it seems that these links are invalid. Is the "Vesuvio Racing" still in business? I see that a member "khameron" which is somehow connected with the company are not logged since 05-23-2011?

The question is how to get in touch with the "Vesuvio Racing" or some other reliable supplier "SPU" device?

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Contact any authorized MV dealer....or better yet, one of the site sponsors:

MV Agusta of Houston TX
Pro Italia California
Trooper Lu in Australia

Or try CAG for possibility of a used one.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Hey Miko - Eddy's spot on...unfortunately we lost Vesuvio somewhere back last year :(

...don't forget to look at the back of the fuse cover (it has the OEM part# for the SPU)

Cheers

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contact any authorized MV dealer....or better yet, one of the site sponsors:

MV Agusta of Houston TX
Pro Italia California
Trooper Lu in Australia

Or try CAG for possibility of a used one.
I already have (only one in Croatia) still waiting for an answer when and at what price he can obtain the SPU.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Miko - Eddy's spot on...unfortunately we lost Vesuvio somewhere back last year :(

...don't forget to look at the back of the fuse cover (it has the OEM part# for the SPU)

Cheers
Too bad for Vesuvio :(

I did not really understand what you mean with "Eddy's"? Who is Eddy :confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Too bad for Vesuvio :(

I did not really understand what you mean with "Eddy's"? Who is Eddy :confused:
Eddy is Mr. Ed Eskew, a true gentleman of leasure.:naughty: Also known as Esq'z me, the mastermind in Brutale knowledge

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eddy is Mr. Ed Eskew, a true gentleman of leasure.:naughty: Also known as Esq'z me, the mastermind in Brutale knowledge
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa ;)

Still waiting for any info from my local authorized service.

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Donsy, you give me too much credit...I just learned where to find info and happy to pass it along. Always learning.
Do like the thought of being a "Gentleman of Leisure"...too bad I have to work so much that there is little leisure time.

Reactions: Lawler574

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you all for your help.

By the Italian ebay I bought today a new type of "SPU" for 430 USD I hope fast delivery because Italy is a neighboring country.

In the meantime, I could not let sunny days go by without driving, so I bridged the wires, installed a universal automotive relay and brrrrrrmmmmm;-))

Actually something like this is not a bad solution because all the parts you need can be found at any auto parts store, very good when you're several hundred miles from home.

Here's a story in pictures

My "evil" box, and the fuse that gets electricity from faulty relay

Everything you need

On the large connector is necessary to remove the wire that activates relay

Blue / Green (+) and Yellow / Red (-)

On the small connector is desirable (but not required) to remove the wires that have voltage when the relay is activated

3x Red / Green wire

Temporary relay is mounted and MV Agusta could move on.

This interim solution can be applied to any other fault relays in the "SPU".
Of course, do not try something like this if you're not entirely sure what you are doing :naughty:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Small update.
New SPU (9615-V2) arrived, installed and everything works great. Indeed it seems to me that the engine works better and smoother, especially cold at the minimum throttle position (at the same time I installed a new iridium spark plugs and maybe because of it), switcing Hi/Lo beam is also somewhat smoother, generally I am satisfied.

Purchased on eBay Italian, vendors' alexthenext "
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260814161810&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:IT:1123

1 - 12 of 12 Posts