MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola Amigos,

After doing some research and finding out that I need a Service power Unit for my bike. I would like to know where can I buy one at a good price? Can I buy a used SPU? Here in Australia we tend to pay a bit more for goods.

Cheers!:brutale:

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
?

1st you need to go to the B4 section and to the 2nd sticky to get the correct part number

then call your dealer and ask the price

then check with Andre at StarTwin for his price

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to confirm, the 40 amp fuse on the on the starter solenoid melted due to heating. Does that happen because the SPU fails?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No mate, this happens due to corrosion and old age, and heat from bad connection. The starter solenoid has nothing to do with the SPU.
Read through that thread about the SPU's which I've added for you, before you spend money not needed to be spent.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate! I replace the 40 amp fuse on the starter relay with a new one. I also cleaned the corrosion around the terminals. The bike did not start, then I push start the bike and it started. I ran it for a little turn it off and then it started back on with they key. The bike now starts with they key, but the battery light its blinking on my dashboard. The battery is less than 6 months old. What are some of the possible issues of the battery light on on the dashboard?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The issue is not the battery light buddy, that light says you're bikes not charging.
Remove the battery and see if will fully charge outside of the bike. Go though the other connections on the bike, starter motor, battery and solenoid etc.
How old is that battery makes little difference, if it's shitty it's all over, how did this shit start ?

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
I have a guess.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Recap, I was riding to work last week and the battery light was on, I few blocks from work the bike's instrument panel went crazy things when on and off. When I finished work the bike started normal then I heard the engine noise a bit different. The bike when dead. I Couldn't get the bike started again. I had the bike towed back home. I checked the bike and the 40 amp fuse on the starter relay was melted. I replace the fuse, cleaned the terminals and did the close loop check with the voltmeter. I charged the battery and it read 13 volts. I finally got the bike started and did the alternator check and the battery reads 12 volts while is running. I'm assuming that the problem is the alternator, but why did it burn the 40 amp fuse in starter relay?

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
?

you have charging system trouble, you should be seeing 14+ volts across the battery

terminals while running

check the trouble shooting guide in the service manual

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
. I'm assuming that the problem is the alternator, but why did it burn the 40 amp fuse in starter relay?
When voltage goes down, current goes up...sometimes WAY up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts