MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i get up this morning to go for a ride... WHERE THE HELL ARE MY KEYS!!!!!!! .... spent the entire day loooking for them ... come to the conclusion murphy had his way and i am going to need to get new ones.. any one have any idea where i can start looking ???

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Whoa, are you serious? they have to turn up somewhere, no?

Has it been awhile since taking the SPR out? You will most likely need to head to the dealership with proof of ownership (title, registration, something). Either you give them the VIN or the key code that your key came with (if you have it).

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You know, they say when something like that happens, you were spared for a terrible incident. Did you check your shirt pockets? Sometimes I leave my keys there instead of my jacket or pants pockets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hear ya on the "spared from a terrible incident" ... may have been the case ... but i have looked everywhere .. all day ... no kidding .. ALL DAY i have been looking ... every piece of clothing .. every nook and crany of the house/cars/work.. you name it ... unless my friends are playing a trick on me ... its not here ... ill look up the dealer in my area and see if i can work out something there ... does any one know if they sell blanks anywhere or is the dealer my best bet for all of this ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Psychic Detective...

I think they fell to the floor and then you kicked them under a piece of furniture!:) Or, check the bushes outside the door!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
About 20 years ago I had a key rack that hung on the wall over a waste basket and ended up tossing a set of keys. I`ve seen titanium blanks on ebay and other places on the net.
Good luck, Chris.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
check your pots and vases in the cupboards, mine always get 'cleared up' and put in these, used to take me ages to find em, now i go straight to the china cupboard! Otherwise, look in the last place you would normally look.....;-/

·
Registered
583 Posts
ok, I don;t want to be the guy to worry you but..... someone could have taken them and is waiting to still your bike then part it out on ebay. Again I hate to be that guy who worries you but if it were me who lost my keys like that I would chain my bike down and sleep next to it with all my guns.... I have a fair share, oh and ammo is good also :). Again I may be wrong the psychic said it could be under the coach.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Look inside your helmet. Or look in the bike ignition, which I'm sure you did.

Now, if that doesn't work go to the bike and retrace your path...where you put everything, what you did in the garage, where you went in the house, etc.

Next, if you're married or have that significant other, check the kitchen cabinets of the sock drawers. Wive's will only move stuff five feet at a time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
through a very unfortunate series of events that i won't go into here, i was left with no key for my f4 mid-last year - on recommendation from my local mv dealer, i took off the ignition and took it to a local locksmith that they suggested, along with a copy of the registration and my driver's license. i handed the ignition over the counter to the locksmith, and she didn't even flinch. i showed her the paperwork, she told me to go get a coffee, and she made me a new key within an hour. i have no idea how, but i was very impressed, and it works perfectly. magic? maybe. cost: $55.

i had her make two, just because.

·
Registered
284 Posts
trunk lock, jeans, washing machine, clothes hamper, bike jacket pocket, stuck inside helmet. A few places I have placed mine and found them there. oh and of course the couch and under the bed.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
It is very scary what skilled locksmiths can do. Just watching those "re-posession" shows before on TV shows that, given the right experience, one can make a fresh key for a car in a matter of minutes. Just takes a lot of jamming into the keyhole and noticing the marks that come out, a little filing, and then repeat...

·
Registered
798 Posts
I lost one of my two MV keys. The next weekend I went to my MV dealer, bought 4 blanks and had them cut by a locksmith. I know how often I loose keys so I needed some insurance. I know this won't help you now, but when you do find the keys (and I believe you will), have lots of spares made and keep them in a safe place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you guys are great .. thanx for all the input ... im going to find some blanks (if any one knows where, 411 please ) take out my ignition and do what kevtam did... thanx again

·
Registered
29 Posts
for real mv blanks, you'll probably have to ask your dealer - i've seen them come up on ebay once in a while. the locksmith i went to had the correct size/shape blank, but it's not a nice looking mv factory one, just a generic key. i figured i should get a working key and then i could get a nice one duplicated later.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Make your own spare key

Bought this stuff called Amazing mold putty at the craft store. Its designed to make small rubber molds. Its like playdough but in 2 parts. One jar is yellow and the other jar is gray. Pull out a clump of each color (1 to 1 ratio) and roll together in your hand until its mixed up. Take some small pieces an press it into the groves of the key, then build up with the rest of the putty mix. It hardens into rubber in 20 minutes and fully rubberized in 2 hours. Used an Xacto knife to cut a slit to get out the key (I did this on my range rover which has a similar key to a MV.) Then pured in laminating resin with a small nail for support. Make sure to push put the air bubbles with the nail to get the resin everywhere in the mold. Range Rover keys come from the factory and takes 2 weeks. At least now I have an ugly spare key for emergencies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts