MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all MV Agusta. Net Users
First of all the Forum, the Galleries, the Links, the Media etc. are really great. I’m a new Member since 2 Month, but I’m visiting the Webpage since a long, long Time. I spending a lot of Time reading the Treads in the Forum. Of course, mostly the F4 Section. Interesting Stories and lot’s of Fun. But recently, just about the Time where the F4CC was in the Media, I feel more and more that there is a lack of enthusiasm for the Brand MV Agusta, for what this Webpage should be the Platform. I guess. There are even Photo’s of Ducati’s, Lamborghini’s, Ferrari’s and what ever to see, and this not to rarely: There are tendencies of harsh criticism about MV Agusta and praises for other Brands. Don’t get me wrong I’m reading Motorcycle Magazins and look at other Brands either. The Motorcycle is a fascinating Kind of a Vehicle. And of Course the Better is the Enemy of the Good. Of Course I watch beyond the Dinning Plate either. The F4CC, as controversial the Price and Marketing is, is a stunning Bike. The Media Attention is enormous and this will boost the Public Knowledge and Appreciation of the Brand MV Agusta worldwide. What do You think, how many Peoples, outside FL and CA for the US, or outside Europe know anything about our favorite Bikes and the History about MV Agusta. Or have even seen a F4 or Brutale before. If MV Agusta SpA will survive with the help of such marketing Strategies it would be great. If they come up with a new Bike in a while it would be even better. But Tamburini needs to draw something extraordinary again and this is probably a giant Task. We all cheer about MV’s winning Races and Cup’s again, and if it is only in a national Series, like AMA or IDM, BSB or even WSBK. MV Agusta was having other remarkable Stuff at Milan. As the Brutale H2 for an example. So why is nobody talking about such innovating things?
However I read recently more and more about Peoples regretting having a MV Agusta F4 and drool all over Ducati’s Desmosedici RR, the 1098 and so on. Threatening MV Agusta, with buying Ducati’s or what ever. Fine, should they go to a Ducati Dealer and the Ducati Forum. I was at EICMA and must say that a F4 is still an outspoken fascinating Bike, a true Piece of Art. It is still beyond the average Stuff standing around at Jap Bike Dealers or will be there soon. For the Desmosedici I must say, the Exhaust Layout is phantastic, the Rest of the Bike looks like Moby Dick. I even think this Plastic Whale is pregnant. The 1098 is probably a good Bike, the Design is not a Milestone again, as the 999 wasn’t either. The most exciting Stand at EICMA 2006 was by far the Bimota Stand. Fascinating Design and with the Tesi 3D an unparalleled Eyecatcher. There were even the DB5R, DB5S and Delirios looking a little upset. This is true limited Production Motorcycle Art.
But here again this what the Market looks like, the MV Agusta’s are without any doubt wonderful Bikes with an awesome History. I’m Proud to be Member of the MV Agusta Family. And I wish I will see this again on the MV Agusta.net Page in the Future.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
:bash: Hey Greg give the guy a break. He has a lot of posts to read. A lot more than you or I did when we joined. Heck I can think of over 4000 from one member alone :bash: But It`s all good :friday:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I for one am glad this forum isn't just a bunch of guys saying MV is the greatest with each post. Our how MV is the best and only bike...

Instead this forum is full of real people who love MVs, own MVs, want to own MVs or just want to talk about them. We don't turn a blind eye to problems. We say what's on our minds and talk about the good and the bad. IMHO that's the way it should be.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Gladio your right,
I live and breath my MV and would never loose enthusiasm (even if i did not own one they are awesome) they have character beyond any other bike (personnal taste of course) and would have any if not all the models if i could afford it, the enthusiasm is greater than ever!
I have just had my skid lid painted to match, a new Jacket to match, 2 tee shirts and 5 model MV's in my cabinet etc.....cant remember any bike hitting on me or my familty like this!!! (my daughters are always bragging) I think we are just getting used to the idea of the MV mark and just starting to understand the MV pholosophy of 'uniqueness'. Try one or even better buy one to know what were here for, its great.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
cdamb said:
:bash: Hey Greg give the guy a break. He has a lot of posts to read. A lot more than you or I did when we joined. Heck I can think of over 4000 from one member alone :bash: But It`s all good :friday:
i wasn't being rude to him
i'm THRILLED That he is here
i merely meant that if others who lurk would join and contribute.... then the forum would ONCE AGAIN get injected with some excitement....

i didn't mean to offend and am very sorry if i did

as for my 4,000 posts...
well... i'm diseased... we all know that :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
EVO Chris said:
I live and breath my MV and would never loose enthusiasm (even if i did not own one) they have character beyond any other bike (personnal taste of course) and would have any if not all the models if i could afford it, the enthusiasm is greater than ever!!!!!!
I have just had my skid lid painted to match, a new Jacket to match, 2 tee shirts and 5 model MV's in my cabinet etc.....cant remember any bike hirtting on me or my familty like this!!! I think we are just getting used to the idea of the MV mark and just starting to understand the MV pholosophy of 'uniqueness'. Try one or even buy to know what were here for, its great.
how about a picture of that LID

i'd LOVE to see it.... we all would

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
409 Posts
i bought a hat from mv the other day does that count as sapport ?? everyone shows patriatism to a topic in different ways . say ur religon or your country or your hot tub parties whaterver .. the point is perception of how loyal the guy next to is compared to others or ur self is a dangerous game to play . im sure thats how fanatics are created the desire to help shine above the pack . everyone here is very level a shared concept of ego we will call it . lets keep it that way

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi Greg, sure, its a crap pic but you will get the idea, I kept it basic like the bike colours. Its a shark rsx.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for posting Ralph,

We need you to keep participating and keep us focused :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I dont' think anyone here bashes MV at all. In fact I find it refreshing that we do not have a blind loyalty to MV like other groups that bash any bike because it is not the one they ride.

Many people on this list have more than one bike and our interests vary greatly and that is also a good thing.

As far as the CC, yes it is a stunning bike but I think many think it is not a ground breaking design as it is very similar to the current F4 that has been marketed for many years.....the price is also very hard to swallow

·
Registered
756 Posts
Jack, you are spot on...everyone here is generally fair - not a bunch of apologists - and that makes the site tremendous. And I also support the talk about other bikes. As much as I love MV's I want to hear about all motorcycles (ok, maybe not Harleys :) ). That being said, I think there is a kernel of truth in haupti's post. Everyone is entitled to knock the CC...and I can truly appreciate that perspective. I happen to fall into the camp of admiring MV for pushing the envelope. Yes...it's still an F4, the price is obscene, etc. but I still admire it - even though I wouldn't buy it if I had the $. And the collection of MV's in Milan was stunning (I even like the orange 910 :stickpoke ). Lord knows I don't want another thread on the CC...but IMO some of the bashing was overdone (insulted by its production/marketing?). But the general point is that we want everyone's opinion and it's the passion and dissent :bandit: that make this site great

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome Ralph you pose some interesting questions. :) Jack (Gladio) is correct when he says we need to be critical of the product we love not just praising the marque all the time, nothing is perfect and by experience we can all probably identify certain aspects of our bikes that could (and perhaps should be improved). BTW 4 posts in 2 months is fine unless your name is Greg!! Whom, I notice has already posted 4 times on this thread and no doubt it will be 5 when he reads my response. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
If everybody jumped up and down saying the CC was the best bike this and that and :jerkoff: all over it.....................................the next one would be 150,000 euro, CC needs a reality check from time to time

·
Registered
926 Posts
Greg?

·
Registered
926 Posts
spalding12 said:
was just waiting for your 5th response as per Johns thread....the 'yes' was good enough for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
NOT ENOUGH ENTHUSIASM?.....I dont fully understand this thread......As I have stated in a different thread, MV is at maximum capacity output wise...They build engines 24 hours a day-three 8 hour shifts...Thats roughly 8,000 bikes per year world-wide...Castoglioni claims he wants to keep it this way {like Ferrari}...Our bikes are great, the company is doing better than ever{another thread as well}.....FBF is ramping up their superbike intensions for the coming year...{and we have not only both riders here on the forum but FBF as well}...Why is everyone so worried lately?...I dont understand this...MV was shut down for three decades, so alot of folks dont know what an MV is, MV's are also double the price of japan incorperated....So between those two factors I think quite a few people are not gonna know anything about them, so what!...It's called "exclusivity"......We all know there is a million things wrong with the bikes,I am not going to list them all....Except for one-dealer support......The dealer support, at least here in America absolutely sucks...The reason for this is because for the first few years the only people who bought these bikes were not motorcycleist's, but "collecters".....And unfortunately those people did'nt put any miles on the bikes so the dealer's never bothered to learn how to maintain them....This is why this forum enjoys a slightly different use then other forums...This forum is a tool that you need to own one of these bikes.......I cant imagine not having access to JamesC's "MVblogspot"/MVagusta.net and trying to get some answer's.......The dealers dont know a fucking thing!.....On the bright side, MV is on solid ground and the dealers might be improving, albeit at a snail's pace......

If you find owning a Magnificent Vagina difficult, try a Bimota!....A Bimota would be REALLY challenging to try to maintain....And your going to get really sick of people saying "BIIIMMOHTTAAAHHH???..."Do they make that them there "bi-motorr" in Europe?

MV Agusta is an intimate little Italian company making a small amount of slightly hand-made but very serious machines for our consumpion....Great!..I would'nt want it any other way......

Again, I dont know what all the fuss is about lately- is this gonna happen every year when the bike shows come out?...Just because there are more bikes and more options-it doesnt mean an MV is a bad one...MV is the BEST!....For me, at least.......Actually the best bike ever made, is the one between your legs at any givin moment, thats what I always say....

Keep your "MV" between the hedges,

FBD

·
Registered
756 Posts
mikef4uk said:
If everybody jumped up and down saying the CC was the best bike this and that and :jerkoff: all over it.....................................the next one would be 150,000 euro, CC needs a reality check from time to time
I think this is a good point Mike. In fact, I think the market (or lack thereof) will suprise them and make your point too. I think they will have trouble selling them. As Griff was mentioning in another thread...it will be interesting to see the resale value when they start showing up on ebay.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts