MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Has anyone done the research on who is selling the Muzzy fans for the F4’s at the cheapest price ??

I’ve seen them on UK Ebay for £69 and direct from Muzzy for $79.95.. but has anyone come up with a cheaper supplier

Cheers

John

·
Registered
88 Posts
John,

With the exchange rate as good as it is at the moment I think you will be hard pushed to beat $80:00.

Tony

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anthill said:
John,

With the exchange rate as good as it is at the moment I think you will be hard pushed to beat $80:00.

Tony
Cheers Tony..

The only problem of buying stuff from the US, is the import duty charges that our friends at HM Customs place on top of the overall goods+ shipping costs..

I was hoping that someone had managed to source a cheap supplier for these fans in either the UK or in Europe .. If anyone has any information or contact details of such a supplier, I would be most grateful…

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
:banghead: Personally I agree with Tony 80 bucks dosent seem bad value to me but why dont they ship overseas???:shitfan:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
BUMP!!

Where can i find some Muzzy fans in Europe??
Preferably to pay in Euros.

I think the will be the perfect match for the impeller mod :naughty: :naughty:

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MV-999R said:
BUMP!!

Where can i find some Muzzy fans in Europe??
Preferably to pay in Euros.

I think the will be the perfect match for the impeller mod :naughty: :naughty:
Yer... and don't forget the silicon race type hoses, the modified thermostat with reduced opening temperature, lower the cooling fan thermo time switch actuation, improve the fairing vent design to allow more air through movement... What the hell, why don't you just cut to the chase and buy a GSX 1000R and be done with all this S**T... HA ha

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
JDS said:
Yer... and don't forget the silicon race type hoses, the modified thermostat with reduced opening temperature, lower the cooling fan thermo time switch actuation, improve the fairing vent design to allow more air through movement... What the hell, why don't you just cut to the chase and buy a GSX 1000R and be done with all this S**T... HA ha
No gixxer for me :cross: :nutkick: :laughing:

To tell you the truth i'm not only very pleased with the impeller mod but even before that i didn't really considered my MV had an overheating problem. They just tend to run a little hot that's all.

I think it's this forum that makes us want to buy this improvments :stickpoke :ahhh: :laughing:

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
MV-999R said:
No gixxer for me :cross: :nutkick: :laughing:

To tell you the truth i'm not only very pleased with the impeller mod but even before that i didn't really considered my MV had an overheating problem. They just tend to run a little hot that's all.

I think it's this forum that makes us want to buy this improvments :stickpoke :ahhh: :laughing:
I wouldn't have a Gixxer either, but I'll let you into a secret... I've just purchased a KTM 950R Supermoto, and getting it delivered next week.... It was a close call between the 950R and the Ducati Hypermotard, but after riding both bikes... IT WAS A NO BRAINER !!!

Tend to agree with your improvements comment.. It all depends on were abouts you live in the World, and what traffic conditions you find yourself in.. Some of the improvements will have an effect, but they are not a cure for the underlining heating issue..

·
Registered
238 Posts
... well the other day on my ride out (2 degs C still air) I did a 50 mile ride. It was nice for the bike to pump out heat!!
Mind you, it did cook my plums in the traffic when it was warmer, 100C showing on the clock (and it was a monsoon around Brecon area). But then it had been hammered all the way from Merthyr Tydfil, via Brecon Beacons and into Hereford Friday afternoon standing traffic.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stargateuser said:
... well the other day on my ride out (2 degs C still air) I did a 50 mile ride. It was nice for the bike to pump out heat!!
Mind you, it did cook my plums in the traffic when it was warmer, 100C showing on the clock (and it was a monsoon around Brecon area). But then it had been hammered all the way from Merthyr Tydfil, via Brecon Beacons and into Hereford Friday afternoon standing traffic.
Your my new hero.. 50 miles on an MV without needing any hospital treatment, and it was also P***ing down... I wouldn't take my MV out unless the BBC weather team 100% garanteed me perfect sunshine weather either side of the day I intended on going out for a spin...

·
Registered
238 Posts
To be honest, I actually find it more comfortable than my GSXR thou. The only down side I've discovered is those flippin' mirrors. I REALLY like to see whats behind me... still, won't be any trouble on the track come 2008!

I don't mind the rain... my bikes are my pride and joy, but they aren't show bikes. They do get thrashed hehehehe.

JDS said:
Your my new hero.. 50 miles on an MV without needing any hospital treatment, and it was also P***ing down... I wouldn't take my MV out unless the BBC weather team 100% garanteed me perfect sunshine weather either side of the day I intended on going out for a spin...

·
Registered
124 Posts
MV-999R said:
:wtf: Your 999 must be badly set up
How so? Heat will roll up from under the seat. Don't think I am the first to experience this. However would like to hear your coments. Still love my Duc 999. Just if I have to go slow, on a warm day it gets pretty warm!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
zoom2bemv said:
How so? Heat will roll up from under the seat. Don't think I am the first to experience this. However would like to hear your coments. Still love my Duc 999. Just if I have to go slow, on a warm day it gets pretty warm!
I don't know what to say exactly........ but my 999R doesn't run hot at all, especially if compared to the MV :wtf:

Is your 999 full stock, still with stock exhaust?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
JDS said:
You would be commonly known Downunder as a pussy.... :stickpoke :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hahaha

I just got my muzzy fans, ordered Fri got them today, 130 AUD to my door. Very quick delivery IMO considering Christmas and all. It's a sad fact but I would probably be waiting for weeks if I tried to get them here in Aus and that's if I could find them in the first place.
If muzzys sold more MV parts I would be ordering from them more often.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts