MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the dealership the other day and they told me oil filters are on backorder throughout the whole US. So with that said Where do you get yours if you are dyi ? i googled and searched on here and didn't find an absolute answer.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nope

Anyone know where to get them in the UK?

Kevin.
Most UK dealers have them on backorder, my local dealer is waiting, he has been chasing the Filtro569 filter and is hoping to get a number of these in soon.

Another sign that things are not right at the factory and are not getting better. Sad state of affairs.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a very good thread on here where links to best oils and filters are all in one post. Very informative read.

If you are in the UK then as usual choice isn't as good as in the US.
Hiflo and K&N got dissed hard in one of these threads!
My conclusion was get the Champion COF 203 from Halfords or keep tabs on ebay to get an OEM filter - I saw one go for £15 plus £5 postage but it included all the bits that go with an OEM filter..

Don't let it put you off dude - it is worth owning an MV just to look at them let alone riding them, nothing else compares

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
I stopped at the dealership the other day and they told me oil filters are on backorder throughout the whole US. So with that said Where do you get yours if you are dyi ? i googled and searched on here and didn't find an absolute answer.
Firstly welcome to the forum.Not sure what model MV you own but if your bike has a spin-on filter then call into a Triumph dealer and buy part No. T1218001,it is exactly the same filter.I fitted one to my MV when the genuine MV part was not available.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Dons and Ken, it's more about mv parts supply in general than oil filters specifically. I guess I just read a few horror stories about bikes off the road for months waiting for simple parts.

I probably will have a turismo as I think it's the best bike I've ridden (for me personally).

I spent a good hour searching but can't find a thread with oil and filters recommended.

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Very important to start adding bike models to your signature and headings people !
Also, Hi-Flow and K&N went their separate ways, I believe that was good for Hi-Flow quality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts