MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting some SS MV Corse slip ons for my Brute 750. Seen a few sets go through the for sale section before. I had heard they're kinda rare and retail for appx. $900. Can I get them from my MV dealer or do they not make them anymore in stainless?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
One option is from Vesuvio, but it's pretty hefty regarding the $. Wait some time, I bet some will get to the surface.

·
Administrator
20,090 Posts
I'm looking into getting some SS MV Corse slip ons for my Brute 750. Seen a few sets go through the for sale section before. I had heard they're kinda rare and retail for appx. $900. Can I get them from my MV dealer or do they not make them anymore in stainless?
I think a set with mid-pipe and chip were just sold by a forum member for $600. They surface every once in a while. I got a set from another forum member a while back without mid-pipe.

Patience grass hopper. :smoking:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To anyone who has had them, how do they compare to Arrow shotgun pipes?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Performance should be very similar. Weight wise the Arrows should be much lighter as they are Aluminum or Ti where the Coarse are SS. I would think the Arrows are a bit loader as they have a bigger exhaust port.

·
Administrator
20,090 Posts
Arrows are a bit lighter and have removable dB killers which make the bike more socially acceptable when in. When they are out the sound is similar to the MV Corse. I liked my Arrow carbon can's look and performance, but I wanted the stock appearance of the slash cut Corse pipes, so I sold them when I got a deal on the MV Corse stuff

A downside on the Arrows is they are larger diameter and you must space the right passenger peg out about 12mm...and biggest downside with the Arrows is the mount bracket between the 2 cans is a very tight squeeze for the hand and wrench when you need to swing the lower muffler out for a tire change.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Surprisingly, I have always thought MV Corse use Titanium since it's so expensive...O_O
People buy MV Corse not because it's the most expensive exhaust for Brutale but for
the slash cut twin exhaust. That is sexy. I'm poor, that's why I go Arrow.

My suggestion to you my friend, I recommend you to go with MV Corse Mid pipe first,
if you think that's not enough noise. Then go with the cans. People do get surprised
by the MV Corse mid pipe. Huge improvement on the engine smoothness (I found).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish the Corse set wasn't so expensive. I just installed an arrow mid, which made a little difference in grunt, not so much in volume. Kinda like the arrows, but the slash is just so iconic. I'll probably leave it for a season and keep an eye on the for sale section.

Still curious where they originate though. The ti corse pipes are easy to find, but ss slip-ons not so much.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I came across a couple of sets, also a set of titanium headers and midpipe on Ebay.it, the italian Ebay site just a couple of days ago, just punch in MV Brutale and you'll be surprised what you'll find.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
The MV Corse pipes are made for MV by Moto Corse in Japan. At least the F4 pipes are. Identical other than the etching on the mufflers. You might investigate them as a source, although I'm not sure if they make them for the Brutale. They are Titanium not SS. Try their web sight.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The MV Corse pipes are made for MV by Moto Corse in Japan. At least the F4 pipes are. Identical other than the etching on the mufflers. You might investigate them as a source, although I'm not sure if they make them for the Brutale. They are Titanium not SS. Try their web sight.
Hmmm....interesting, I know they are made by or made for Moto Corse, but my MV Corse Ti system came in a box that had "Made In Italy" stamped on it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
From reliable source; MV Corse pipes for Brutale are also made in Japan by Moto Corse. They have Moto Corse logo and sign stamped on the inner side.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Moto Corse is an Italian manufacture located in San Marino, wich is a republic on its own, in the heart of Italy but has nothing to do with Italy, they also have a factory in Japan, I also have some boxes that were imported in this country from there.
They do make exhausts for Brutales too, very expensive but nothing but art.
http://www.motocorse.net/index2.htm

·
Administrator
20,090 Posts
There was a full set of Brutale MV Corse inox pipes on ebay...I think they had a "Buy Now" price and someone "Bought Now", because they aren't there anymore. Headers and all. It is the exact set-up I have. The headers are a bit longer then standard and have cross-over tubes. You just have to be patient and keep looking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I saw a set of full titanium on ferracci web site. The price is really good. I think it was half of what I paid for MV Corse Ti exhaust.

I just checked. It's 2499.00 I believe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well like I said, the Ti is easy to find, and if I had 2 or 3 g's burning a hole in my pocket, I'd hop on it. I still can't figure out though where the SS cans come from. I've seen them for sale on ebay, and in the for sale section here. If they're also made by Moto Corse, why don't they sell them alongside the Ti pipes?

It is interesting to hear though that Moto Corse Japan is an affiliate / subsidiary / branch of Moto Corse San Marino.

Anybody know if the 910R cans are effectively similar to SS MV Corse (slip-ons)? I assume the R pipes are in a higher state of tune than on an S.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The stock pipes that come on the 910R are the same that come on all Brutales. They are not in a higher state of tune.

The stainless pipes that come in the box with the 910R are the same that you can buy in a box and will fit all Brutales. I do not know what internal differences there are. I have never opened a pair.

CAG

·
Registered
235 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts