MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, new development, noone has the software needed to reset the TPS before I do the dyno tune. A little surprised that the local Ducati shop doesn't but ohwell. Anyway, so I get (or tell them to get) the right thing, and the right patch cable for a 5sm ECU. Thanks for the help. Links appreciated.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
jchaplin4 I just bought a cable from a fella named Robert from Technoresearch. He made me a great deal ! I'm sure he can do the same for you. Call and ask for Robert. Tell him James Cooper from this forum referred you. Ask for my price. I will PM you the price he gave me. 1-248-658-1800

Good Luck with your search :yo:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, got it, but once you use it, aren't you pretty much done with it? I mean I need the cord and the software to do it. Can I borrow from someone for a $50 loaner fee and you can recoup some of your investment?

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
You will need it every time you tune your bike up......so it isn't a use once and dispose of thing.
I loaned mine to Andrew. Happy to do the same for you.
Just pay the postage back and forth.
But if you are a tinkerer and plan to put a lot of miles on your bike you may want to buy the cable.

and your Ducati guy had better have this, or he can't service any of the 1098s and other Duck that have the 5SM ECU....

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We can do that for now so I can at least get it dyno'd, then may just buy it later. I sent $ with the rims to make up for the delay, let me know if it is enough to cover it. I'll ask them again about the software he has. He said he only has the factory stuff to service them.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Jason, pretty sure the TechnoResearch IS the factory stuff. I'll call you.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll call the shop again and remind him when we talked before that he said he could do it with no problem.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just doing the race ecu? Mine idles about 1850 before the reset. Should be put at about 1350. Will take him about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just doing the race ecu? Mine idles about 1850 before the reset. Should be put at about 1350. Will take him about 5 minutes.
There was an issue with the first Race ECU which came with my exhaust upgrade, so I had to run the original whilst a new Race ECU was sent out.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear, glad mine was ok, it was a mother to install, would have not been pleased if I had to do it twice. Should just do the PC V and really maximize all it has to offer. Be a perfect set-up. You already have 75% of it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can get it for $335 U.S. there is a dealer in Indy that has huge volume and offers them for like $10 over cost. Auto-tunes are $205.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have a question for you, you live in Indiana and I would like to know if you know of anyone that will work on a MV Agusta F-4, I also live in Indiana, Evansville,in

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, didn't see this. There is my Dyno guy w all the software to do whatever in Kokomo. Also, my mechanic here is Mooresville can handle anything big I can't do. He is the best tuner and suspension tech around. Does all the bikes for Kevin Schwann School of Racing.

Have a question for you, you live in Indiana and I would like to know if you know of anyone that will work on a MV Agusta F-4, I also live in Indiana, Evansville,in

1 - 20 of 20 Posts