MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock S cans with the 910R ones pictured. I tried looking online, but all the stores only seem to carry the crazy expensive Ti version. What I'm looking for are the stainless ones that came with the 910R (I think?). If anybody could provide a link for where to buy these, in $USD preferably, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

This is what I'm looking for - just the cans, already have the midpipe.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

I'm looking to replace my stock S cans with the 910R ones pictured. I tried looking online, but all the stores only seem to carry the crazy expensive Ti version. What I'm looking for are the stainless ones that came with the 910R (I think?). If anybody could provide a link for where to buy these, in $USD preferably, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

This is what I'm looking for - just the cans, already have the midpipe.

check the part numbers i think they are all the same....:stickpoke

http://store.proitalia.com/mv-agusta-parts-c-2420029_210.html

PM CAG the parts lizard......i meant wizard:stickpoke

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Those are the "kit" mufflers. They are not EPA noise compliant. The stockers have the oval MVAgusta Logo.
The 2006-7 models came with the Corse Kit included. Full exhaust and a chip. MV discontinued the "included" exhaust kit in 2008 and dropped the retail price of the bike, offering the full Ti system with new ECU as an option (Randarosa has that kit). I have the 2006 inox exhaust with the 2008 kit ECU.

I think Ade had a set of these cans for sale a while back that never sold??? You might check with him.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Those are the "kit" mufflers. They are not EPA noise compliant. The stockers have the oval MVAgusta Logo.
The 2006-7 models came with the Corse Kit included. Full exhaust and a chip. MV discontinued the "included" exhaust kit in 2008 and dropped the retail price of the bike, offering the full Ti system with new ECU as an option (Randarosa has that kit). I have the 2006 inox exhaust with the 2008 kit ECU.

I think Ade had a set of these cans for sale a while back that never sold??? You might check with him.

I have the stock stainless mufflers as Ed said, with less than 10 miles on them that were removed when new. Is that what you want?

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
I have the stock stainless mufflers as Ed said, with less than 10 miles on them that were removed when new. Is that what you want?
That's the ones with the oval MV logo...not the ones in the pics above...just clarifying, Randy. The pics show the stainless "Kit" cans like I have on Gina.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently have the stock 910S cans - the ones with the oval logo. I'm looking to replace them with the ones pictured above - with 910R/MV Corse logos. If you have the 910R cans you're willing to sell, shoot me a pm & let me know how much you're looking for.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I currently have the stock 910S cans - the ones with the oval logo. I'm looking to replace them with the ones pictured above - with 910R/MV Corse logos. If you have the 910R cans you're willing to sell, shoot me a pm & let me know how much you're looking for.

Inspite of being stone cold sober....I'm still confused. I've got the stainless OEM stock mufflers for a '08 910R, not the stainless Corse mufflers. There appears to be 3 MVA factory mufflers....stock stainless, Corse stainless, and Corse titanium.

Do you want my OEM stock mufflers? If so, I'll need to check with the used parts guru (CAG) for a fair price.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Inspite of being stone cold sober....I'm still confused. I've got the stainless OEM stock mufflers for a '08 910R, not the stainless Corse mufflers. There appears to be 3 MVA factory mufflers....stock stainless, Corse stainless, and Corse titanium.
You are not confused....your spares are the stock stainless.....I have (and the photos are) the Corse stainless, which, aside from the lovely blue tint and light weight, look a lot like your Corse Ti cans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just put those exact cans on my 910s. They are the Corse or Inox Stainless exhaust pipes. I searched and searched for a set stateside and got tired of waiting. I ordered mine from Evolutionbike.it and I believe they were just over 500 USD including shipping from Italy. It took about 2 weeks for them to arrive and the entire process was painless. I would highly recommend them as a seller. Here is a link to where I bought mine from. Hope this helps.

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/rrsc002-3.html

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just put those exact cans on my 910s. They are the Corse or Inox Stainless exhaust pipes. I searched and searched for a set stateside and got tired of waiting. I ordered mine from Evolutionbike.it and I believe they were just over 500 USD including shipping from Italy. It took about 2 weeks for them to arrive and the entire process was painless. I would highly recommend them as a seller. Here is a link to where I bought mine from. Hope this helps.

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/rrsc002-3.html
YES!! Thank you, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I know what I'm asking for this Christmas :yo:

How do these sound compared to the stockers? Are they a lot louder?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly, 3 different types of mufflers were available. All 750/910S models came with the stock SS cans (oval 'MV Agusta' logo), and from what I understand the 910R models came with either the SS or the Ti Corse cans (with the 'R Brutale' logo) - depending on the year.

So if you have the Corse SS cans available (again, the ones with the R Brutale logo) that you're willing to sell, let me know how much you're looking to get.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Exactly, 3 different types of mufflers were available. All 750/910S models came with the stock SS cans (oval 'MV Agusta' logo), and from what I understand the 910R models came with either the SS or the Ti Corse cans (with the 'R Brutale' logo) - depending on the year.

So if you have the Corse SS cans available (again, the ones with the R Brutale logo) that you're willing to sell, let me know how much you're looking to get.
Still got it wrong, the R came with SS ( no logo on bottom pipe)
or SS MV Corse (Oval logo on bottom pipe, and it does say R Brutale on top pipe) but both were SS,
and then you can get the Ti Mv Corse (Expensive) as aftermarket http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/exhausts/brutalebefore2010/mvcorse/rrsc005.html
But it was not a stock pipe to the R Brutale as far as I remember when I bought my Brutale.
Wow this is confusing, but I know what you mean, you want the SS MV Corse R Brutale Cans?:)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I've got the full titanium set on my bike, and the stock set on my wall as art. I'm going to take some aspirin now and get back into bed......

·
Registered
16 Posts
YES!! Thank you, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I know what I'm asking for this Christmas

How do these sound compared to the stockers? Are they a lot louder?

They are noticeably louder than the stock exhaust but not so loud that they're overpowering. In my opinion they are perfect for the bike. They still retain the look and lines of the stock bike but are loud enough (at least for me) to put a big smile on your face any time you grab a handful of throttle. I'm very happy with mine.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Still got it wrong, the R came with SS ( no logo on bottom pipe)
or SS MV Corse (Oval logo on bottom pipe, and it does say R Brutale on top pipe) but both were SS,
and then you can get the Ti Mv Corse (Expensive) as aftermarket http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/exhausts/brutalebefore2010/mvcorse/rrsc005.html
But it was not a stock pipe to the R Brutale as far as I remember when I bought my Brutale.
Wow this is confusing, but I know what you mean, you want the SS MV Corse R Brutale Cans?:)

OK...I can clarify for you. The R models came with the same standard stainless exhaust as the S models (oval MV logo) BUT the 2006 and 2007 also came with a stainless MV Corse KIT ("off road use only" including eprom) which had the Brutale logo as shown in original photos at beginning of this thread. Not every owner had the kit installed ("off road use only"), and some dealers held the kit back to sell as an option (not exactly honest).

The 2008 R did NOT come with a kit (and list price was also reduced), BUT MV Corse offered a Titanium kit (with ECU) as additional cost option (Randy has this). The mufflers look like the Stainless KIT ones, but weigh a lot less.

Yes, the Corse cans are a bit louder and more free flowing then the stock, but not obnoxiously loud like some "loud pipes save lives" idiot would run...

Your engine will run a bit more lean without tuning (eprom/PCIII on 06/7 and kit ECU on 08) especially if you remove the cat. With the stock exhaust (with cat) and just the Corse cans the engine will run OK, but will have a few more pops and bangs on decel (at least that is what i experienced on my 08).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, thanks for clearing up the confusion.

I'm planning to install a PC along with the pipes, so with a proper map I should be good to go.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have these pipes installed in an S model? I'd love to see a preview of how they'll look with the star wheels

1 - 20 of 24 Posts