MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question my friends, is when? When will MV come out with a new design for their bikes? YES the current bikes are TIMELESS. YES they are fantastic, YES they are the greatest bikes ever, YES they cannot be replicated. But again, the question remains, when will MV choose to release a brand new model? The competition will not sleep. And NOT a limited, not a new paint/carbon/rims package, not a rehash of the current, NEW. As hard as I know this subject is to face for us, we must at some point face it. :laughing: :moped:

I personally hope by 08 I can see a new model. :spank: 09 AT THE LATEST!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I remember an interview that said the design needed to last 10 years. The 916 design lasted about ten years (1994 to 2004). So, I think 2009 we'll see a brand new bike. Which makes sense since that would give the R a two to three year run. The final year (F4 Final Edition) could be a full Tamburini equivalent.

Also, sales has a major impact on a new release. I get the feeling (no actual hard data) that MV is making more money now on the F4 than ever. With the R coming out for 2007, I think they can hold out two more year till sales start to slag off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just hope that this will not be decided by Honda and if so, that they are smart enough to keep Tamburini (if he's willing to work for them).

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i would think that tamburini equivalent would be of the veltro variety. but i'm glad i'm happy with what i have. keeps money in my pocket. but i have plenty of drool to spare on new stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts