MV Agusta Forum banner

When you buy new?

2K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  BG Wells 
#1 ·
What are you supposed to receive when you purchase a brand new MV from a dealership? For example, when I purchased mine, I received a bike cover, red stand, and little manual (fits under the seat). I've heard some people say they also got a warranty book and/or CD.

Also, as you've seen, every once in a while a new 2006 or 07 will hit a dealership. Accordingly, the warranty doesn't begin until it is sold (for the first time). What is the mechanism to keep track of this? For example, I can call a Honda dealer and provide them with the VIN and they'll tell me exactly how much warranty is left.

Next, if you buy a bike from someone and it still has the warranty, what, if anything, do you need to confirm that?

Thanks

#2 ·
depends which model you bought...

Bruties come with:
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Tampons
Maxi pads (for those heavy days)
Wrist exercise video
Assortment of Rainbow stickers.
Brokeback Mountain DVD

F4 comes with
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Case of condoms (for use with all the ladies that come running.....brutie guys, dont get your hopes up)
Two sets of race tires
1 year pass to any AMA or FIM event.

Which bike did you get?

#11 · (Edited)
On a serious note,
when I purchased mine I did receive:
Factory rear stand
Owners manual/warranty book
CD - version of owners manual
Plastic MV sleeve for under seat rego or papers
MV cover.
Tool kit
Battery tender
spare key and some serial number tag thingy.

#23 ·
On a serious note,
when I purchased mine I did receive three tubes of KY jelly which I immediately put to good use with a fellow F4 owner.....
fixed......:stickpoke

#12 ·
Man, I feel like I got ripped off. You guys got all that? All I got was the rear stand, owners manual, warranty book and little plastic insurance card holder. Cover? What cover, I had to go buy one. Man....did I get ripped off. Oh yeah, I forgot, I also got a special parts catalog and every part in there, my dealer tells me is discontinued at the moment and not available from MV warehouse in the US. :wtf:

#14 ·
You Didnt get ripped off

you got the bike and rear stand which is pretty average and the normal, for bikes from 2000 - 2009, cant speak for the 2010 yet!:)

Some dealers will throw in more but you get nothing for free, all you really want is the bike and stand at a real good price, other dealers will throw in more like a cover or fleece at a higher price, depends how desperate they are to get the sale

#16 ·
G'day,
I got : Stand, service c.d. ,owners manual, spare key, quick manual, tools under seat.
Cheers,
Matt
p.s. should have also come with rain jacket as it has not stopped raining here since I got it :)

#17 ·
you blokes have been spoilt. buy a duc and you might actually get enough fuel in the tank to get to the nearest servo!!!...no stands,no covers,no plastic sleaves for owners manuals,not even a lousy number plate cover for the private plates i had orderred at the time.Oh, you do get a tool kit of sorts[from memory -three items]..hj

#18 ·
I bought a $40k 1098R and only got half a tank of gas, manual, tool kit, and a signed picture of Bayliss and Fabrizio. What cover and what stand? At least with my 999R Xerox, I got a cover and a stand. I guess Ducati thinks that if you can afford the bike , you can afford the cover and stand?

#22 ·
All MVs have always come with the rear stand. It is in the crate with the bike. If you didn't get it then the dealer screwed you.
All MVs come with an owners manual, older bikes in paper book form, newer ones on CD.
All recent MVs (2006 and up as best I can tell, certainly my 2008) come with a battery tender.
I would be surprised if any MVs did not come with a tool kit in a pouch, mine certainly did and it included a spark plug socket.
Mine also came with a document holder for registration, insurance and other papers.
Mine came with a warranty coupon booklet, but that is an antiquated system and useless as everything is now done on-line with the factory, dealers and distributors. I suspect MVs no longer have that booklet.
I am pretty certain that all MVs also come with a cover, but most dealers take it out of the box and sell it separately. I didn't get one, but I know others who did.
There is a large box packed with the bike in the crate that contains all these things (I have the box from mine) except the stand which is in the rear hub and tied to the crate. That box is just the right size for all the items I listed that I got and the cover I didn't get.

#30 ·
My dealer was very reluctant to give me the stand stating it was not included with the bike and only after thinking it was a deal breaker phoned to say he 'could' let me have the stand as a good will gesture. He also failed to provide me with the cover...offering to sell it to me for £180!!. I recently contacted Moto GB about this and they apologised and sent me a cover. So just be aware your dealer might just be trying to rip you off which is a disgrace when you are buying such a premium bike and should get treated properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.