MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you supposed to receive when you purchase a brand new MV from a dealership? For example, when I purchased mine, I received a bike cover, red stand, and little manual (fits under the seat). I've heard some people say they also got a warranty book and/or CD.

Also, as you've seen, every once in a while a new 2006 or 07 will hit a dealership. Accordingly, the warranty doesn't begin until it is sold (for the first time). What is the mechanism to keep track of this? For example, I can call a Honda dealer and provide them with the VIN and they'll tell me exactly how much warranty is left.

Next, if you buy a bike from someone and it still has the warranty, what, if anything, do you need to confirm that?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
depends which model you bought...

Bruties come with:
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Tampons
Maxi pads (for those heavy days)
Wrist exercise video
Assortment of Rainbow stickers.
Brokeback Mountain DVD

F4 comes with
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Case of condoms (for use with all the ladies that come running.....brutie guys, dont get your hopes up)
Two sets of race tires
1 year pass to any AMA or FIM event.

Which bike did you get?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You get a cover with an F4? Really? My 2002 and 2006 only came with the red stand, manuals, warranty book, and tools. No DVD or cover.

·
Registered
521 Posts
You get a cover with an F4? Really? My 2002 and 2006 only came with the red stand, manuals, warranty book, and tools. No DVD or cover.
same with me! I did get the tampons for the brutale though :brutale:

·
Registered
59 Posts

Bruties come with:
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Tampons
Wrist exercise video
Brokeback Mountain DVD

F4 comes with
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Case of condoms (for use with all the ladies that come running.....brutie guys, dont get your hopes up)
Two sets of race tires

Which bike did you get?
Doh.

ROTFLMAO......

Bwahahahaha...

·
Registered
3,149 Posts

Bruties come with:
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Tampons
Wrist exercise video
Brokeback Mountain DVD

F4 comes with
Stand
Owners manual
Cover
Two sets of race tires

Which bike did you get?
:laughing::laughing:
I hear with a Brutale purchase you also get you're own Float in the Mardi gras (gay pride) parade, and a some sort of religious motif sticker paying homage to their savior, Randy.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anything Else

Thanks all. I've compiled your input into an Excel file and I'll be presenting it to the dealer tomorrow. I think he'll be impressed when he sees the details.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
On a serious note,
when I purchased mine I did receive:
Factory rear stand
Owners manual/warranty book
CD - version of owners manual
Plastic MV sleeve for under seat rego or papers
MV cover.
Tool kit
Battery tender
spare key and some serial number tag thingy.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Man, I feel like I got ripped off. You guys got all that? All I got was the rear stand, owners manual, warranty book and little plastic insurance card holder. Cover? What cover, I had to go buy one. Man....did I get ripped off. Oh yeah, I forgot, I also got a special parts catalog and every part in there, my dealer tells me is discontinued at the moment and not available from MV warehouse in the US. :wtf:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Man, I feel like I got ripped off. You guys got all that? All I got was the rear stand, owners manual, warranty book and little plastic insurance card holder. Cover? What cover, I had to go buy one. Man....did I get ripped off. Oh yeah, I forgot, I also got a special parts catalog and every part in there, my dealer tells me is discontinued at the moment and not available from MV warehouse in the US. :wtf:
You Didnt get ripped off

you got the bike and rear stand which is pretty average and the normal, for bikes from 2000 - 2009, cant speak for the 2010 yet!:)

Some dealers will throw in more but you get nothing for free, all you really want is the bike and stand at a real good price, other dealers will throw in more like a cover or fleece at a higher price, depends how desperate they are to get the sale

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks all. I've compiled your input into an Excel file and I'll be presenting it to the dealer tomorrow. I think he'll be impressed when he sees the details.
Please, let us all know how you make out...:stickpoke

BTW, I didn't get the cover or stand...:bawling:

Al

:f4:

·
Registered
250 Posts
G'day,
I got : Stand, service c.d. ,owners manual, spare key, quick manual, tools under seat.
Cheers,
Matt
p.s. should have also come with rain jacket as it has not stopped raining here since I got it :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
you blokes have been spoilt. buy a duc and you might actually get enough fuel in the tank to get to the nearest servo!!!...no stands,no covers,no plastic sleaves for owners manuals,not even a lousy number plate cover for the private plates i had orderred at the time.Oh, you do get a tool kit of sorts[from memory -three items]..hj

·
Registered
241 Posts
you blokes have been spoilt. buy a duc and you might actually get enough fuel in the tank to get to the nearest servo!!!...no stands,no covers,no plastic sleaves for owners manuals,not even a lousy number plate cover for the private plates i had orderred at the time.Oh, you do get a tool kit of sorts[from memory -three items]..hj
I bought a $40k 1098R and only got half a tank of gas, manual, tool kit, and a signed picture of Bayliss and Fabrizio. What cover and what stand? At least with my 999R Xerox, I got a cover and a stand. I guess Ducati thinks that if you can afford the bike , you can afford the cover and stand?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
With my Evo3 I just had the bike, tool kit and owners manual. No stand, cover, CD or plastic sleevey thing. I was under the impression that it was bike-specific, the goodies were only with SPRs, Oros and the like.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts