MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before...

After...

I'm posting these for no other reason than to point out just how quickly things can go wrong. Ironic that I now live just 2 1/2 hours from Jennings.

Arse-end broke loose, and then the bike landed on me after I highsided. Nobody warned me about T8. 9 went down that day, and 8 of the 9 in T8. The accident was completely my fault. Wrong tires, and having way too much fun.

Broken leg, ribs, peg through the foot, and great heahache for a week.

Lesson learned. More than anything never, ever have your wife at the track under any circumstance. Always listen to your gut. I was trying to save a few $$$ on tread since I recently gotten married. 2 weeks prior I had ordered race tread. After not receiving the order I went with a lesser tire, cheaper tread. We were heading to Florida for vacation, and instead ending up spending our vacation in the hospital. :toothless

The good that came out of it. Well I did buy an MV. :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
to highside is always bad... here you can get serious injuries.
Great to read, that you are recovered.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know that track well and the first time I went around Turn 8 & 9 I noticed hundreds of small holes in the track where footpegs had scared the surface. I never did feel confident around that turn. Sorry to hear of your fall. Just think to your self that it could have been worst......Good luck.

·
Registered
822 Posts
OUCH!!!! I hate crashing, but am glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I wish you the best at some fast healing to get yourself back out there as soon as possible. Those gsxrs are some nice machines- keep us posted on your condition!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Speedy recovery!!

what's the deal with turn 8? is it off camber?

I have broken colarrbone to remind me of my highside...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Man, that sucks.

A big reason I change tires every track day is to prevent this kind of stuff. I've had the F4 rear get squirrelly on me with good rubber. I'd hate to have figure it out when the tires are shot.

Hope your recovery is going (went?) well.

Alex

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was in a group of 4 the last time I went to Jennings from SE Florida. I was the only one who did not crash and yes, it was at Turn 8...and yes, I was the only one riding in the novice category.
I spent the weekend visiting my friends at the Hospital in Valdosta, and later making the trip home by myself with a trailer full of crashed bikes.

That track is funny in that it makes you feel confident before you can actually master it.

Have a speedy recovery, my friend.

Marco

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ugh... That's a lot of injuries, I hope you're OK.

Would like to hear more about the wife story. I've got some too :)

Mine refuses NOT to be there in case I crash.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's rough from all the accidents is all I'm told.

There are loads of deep grooves hard to see at speed.

It needs a serious repaving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts