MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
We have the option in my state to register for 3,6 or 12 months at a time. Provided the vehicle is not unregistered for more than 12 months continuous another roadworthy inspection is not required. Once the vehicle is 30 years old it is eligible for historic rego which is very cheap but has some restrictions on when you can ride it and requirement to keep a log book. Some don't take up this offer if they ride alot. I will because I don't do many road kays.

sorry just saw this. We too in melb can register for 3,6, or 12 months. But am i missing something here. If u register it for 6 months..... then after that u have to go through the whole roadworthy process again

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
sorry just saw this. We too in melb can register for 3,6, or 12 months. But am i missing something here. If u register it for 6 months..... then after that u have to go through the whole roadworthy process again
In the ACT mate, as long as it it doesn't go longer than 12 months continuous without rego a roadworthy check is not required. So because I only go around 3-4 months between registered periods I'm fine. It is really good if you want to own 3-4 bikes and keep the kays low but ride all year. Just register each for 3 months a year :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
And I thought California was bad!
I just sold a 1989 broken pos GSXR-750 that was 3 years out of date. Almost ONE THOUSAND dollars for the back rego, then you get to pay for the new tags additionally!. Its not all just Ferrarris and Baywatch bikinis here.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Rode year round in Tasmania, now I’m in Canada its about 8 months at best , boo hoo

·
Registered
885 Posts
Rode year round in Tasmania, now I’m in Canada its about 8 months at best , boo hoo
Wow what a stark contrast! I've been to nearly all the Canadian provinces but not Australia....yet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
do you have to change number plates, or do you get to keep the same one?

·
Registered
555 Posts
In Georgia I ride every day the forecast is ten percent or less chance of rain and do not ride much over 90F or 32C. I can not imagine putting my bike "away." I lived in Boston and did not ride when there was snow everywhere for five months. The last year I was there, it snowed one hundred and eighteen inches. That was thirty years ago, and I guess I was putting my bike "away." I did ride my mountain bike every day through the slush.

It's an easy system to work with as long as you stay on-top of your 'on-hold' bikes.....the biggest frustration for me is multiple bikes. There is no reduction based on the number of bikes each bike (of the same capacity) costs exactly the same to register ~. (Quite a few of my mates who own multiple H-D's simply swap plates between their bikes)
[/QUOTE]

In the states, if you swap plates and get pulled over, you get what's called "fictitious registration." The bike is impounded, the plates are seized and the registration is suspended.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Central British Columbia Canada. We get about a 5-6 month riding season. I also snowmobile, so I get about 3-4 months on sleds. I do suffer from PMS most winters. (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome).

·
Registered
423 Posts
I get to ride between 8-9 months a year here in Zagreb, Croatia, EU. I could ride more but I don't like to ride in temp below 9C. Southern, coastal parts of Croatia have a very mild Winter so they probably ride 330 days or even more.

·
Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
78 Posts
And I thought California was bad!
I just sold a 1989 broken pos GSXR-750 that was 3 years out of date. Almost ONE THOUSAND dollars for the back rego, then you get to pay for the new tags additionally!. Its not all just Ferrarris and Baywatch bikinis here.
Could have non opted and saved a bunch, just sayin.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A Southern California wuss here. 365 days available to ride, but I choose not to ride on days when the temperature will be less than my age,,,,,,,ya, and I’m old. Now you kids get off my lawn😅

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could have non opted and saved a bunch, just sayin.
Of course theres much more to the story than coulda shoulda woulda.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,636 Posts
Over here in NL it starts in the course of March and ends some time in November. And then I ride mostly in the weekend ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Of course theres much more to the story than coulda shoulda woulda.

Enjoy!
Holy crap Batman, I mean Cooter, that was an awesome read! Seriously, you should give writing books a try, I was very entertained. I wonder what ever became of Meth, Rasta wig girl friend, and flames.
Thank you for entertaining me.
John

·
Registered
74 Posts
I blocked his number while she was still counting the cash🤐, and thanks John! Thats a really nice compliment!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts