1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I met Marie Veroniq Agusta in 1968 in Lyon France...married, had five little ones - Agustas and have never looked back!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I told a friend recently that an MV is better than a good woman - she didn't agree with me!!

Maybe I had better ask her out.... she is single and good looking!

I did have 5 kids by the way!

Back to your post...
My dad had a BSA after the 2nd War and he sold it so I wouldn't get interested in bikes but I did anyway!

I bought my first bike a Honda CB175 in 1968 and it was when Agustas were still making a name for themselves and I suppose I had it in my brain during those years that Agustas, Mike Hailwood and the like were the epitome of all there is about motorcycling.

First saw one in the flesh in about 2004 ended up buying a Suzuki GSX R600 and at the time just dreamed the impossible dream about owning an MV.

One year later to the day after buying the Suzuki from another dealer I went back to the MV showroom all three bikes were still there ...two MV F4 1000s and a Brutale 910R.... I got the deal of a life time and trade and rode off into fantasy come true land.

So for me it happened gradually since I first started riding in 1968 - a gradual falling for the greatest bike in the world!

Gaz

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Remember that this is Tassie of TAZ the DEVIL fame etc... The other two MV's are still in the shop!!

I bet you could beat them down a few dollars if you went in to purchase one!

Did you know that the US company that owns the TAZ trademark actually pays Tasmania money to help in the research of a facial cancer that our Tasmanian devils have been suffering with over the last 5 years or so. It is wiping out a lot of the population of Taz devils and they may become extinct, BUT they have exported them to other parts of the world to ensure they don't become extinct.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The first time a actually saw one in person back in 2003. My girl friend tried to surprize me and buy a F4 750 for me while I was out of town. After that I was hooked, had to have one.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
ddnuts said:
The first time a actually saw one in person back in 2003. My girl friend tried to surprize me and buy a F4 750 for me while I was out of town. After that I was hooked, had to have one.
dude your "girlfriend" tried to suprise you with an F4? And your not married? Where is she now? She single maybe you could swing her my way...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I always thought the F4 was the most beautiful bike made. The exhaust alone made me drool but like most thought they were tempremental Italian machines!

So what did I do? I got into the Moto Guzzi scene in a big way. (love out of the ordinary things)
I always loved Italian machinery and had Fiats of all things as a young driver.

This year at the Javits motorcycle show in NYC, I saw the Brutale 910R. It caught my eye in a big way! I sat on it and that was it! I told the wife I just had to have it and I do.

A bad thing is happening now though....I am looking at the 1000R and having those same thoughts....I'm thinking that the garage will be complete with two MV "R" bikes parked next to each other......I'm infected in a bad way!! :ahhh:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
airfuel said:
A bad thing is happening now though....I am looking at the 1000R and having those same thoughts....I'm thinking that the garage will be complete with two MV "R" bikes parked next to each other......I'm infected in a bad way!! :ahhh:
this is exactly my problem....
only, i'm slated to get the 2007 BMW K1200GT in 1 month as well...
..... i do a lot of long-distance touring, 2-up with my wife

so.....
how do i justify the 910R.... and the KGT...
and the 1000R?

someone... PLEASE tell me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
410 Posts
Greg-

No need to justify the toys in your garage. If you can afford them and you appreciate them for what they are then that's all that matters. And, have fun!

To answer the question on this thread...I fell in love with MV's when I went to the Art of the Motorcycle exhibit in Las Vegas. They had an F4 on a pedestal when you first walked in and I remember standing there for about 30 minutes just staring at the thing. I went back to the exhibit 3 or 4 times mainly just to oogle at the F4. I knew then and there that I would own one someday.

Steve

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
spalding12 said:
how do i justify the 910R.... and the KGT...
and the 1000R?

someone... PLEASE tell me
Greg-

Here's your justification in a nutshell. The Tamburini is the "Daddy" of all F4s and cost $43K new or currently used. Though not a Tambo, the R actually offers several updates and upgrades not on the Big T.

What a value. The 1000R is $23K... the 910R is $18K... that's $41K. YOU SAVE $2K!!!! Use the savings for TT&L, a vacation, or (best of all) a "bribe" shopping trip for Carol! One of each, I say. Happy riding.

-Blake

As for the thread question:

I fell in love with MVs sequentially. I loved the F4 750 when it debuted; but being a horsepower junkie, I lamented the lack of full-liter displacement and dismissed it as a "pretty face". (Step 1)

I later saw a Brit mag feature the stunning 750 Senna in late 2002, along with the preliminary "spy" announcement of a forthcoming "F5 1000" version. (Step 2)

The F4 1000 debuted, but only in traditional red/silver livery. Wanted to see a full-on liter-sized Senna-style successor. (Step 3)

The Tamburini... uh... uh... ah... excuse me... oh... where was I?... Yes... love at fourth sight!!!! What? $43 THOUSAND? Cough... Cough... (Step 4)

The Brutale... then the R. The Senna... now the R. (Step 5)

Now I'm a lifer!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I always loved MV's...can't remember when, but believe it or not, the Brutale is my second MV. I used to race one on a competitive level...here's what it looked like:

:laughing:

Seriously though, I used to competitively race pocketbikes, full leathers and all. And I had an MV. :laughing:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
One place made fall in love with these bikes, a little movie called Gone in 60 Seconds. Angelina Jolie rides up on one after i had to do a little research to see what bike it was and that was then begining for my love of MV's. i am sure the fact she is freaking hot as hell had nothing to do with it :naughty:

Great thread! always like to see where everyone's passion originates from b/c everyone is so different.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Magazine with the F4 Oro! Caught my eye and then fell in love with the Senna when it came out. Everytime i went to a show, I had to hang at the MV booth if there was one, while also search the parking lot for one. They are just so rare and a treat to see one!

Now I guess I'm obsessed..

·
Registered
479 Posts
When spy pictures of the F4 were first released!

After this, in Sept of 2000 Brian Catterson on a Cycle World test bike towed me around Buttonhill at my first trackday while riding one. Man, the look, the sound...and despite getting kinda panned for HP in the mags, the thing had scoot! I went racing in 01 and kinda forgot about them.

In 2005 I walked into GP in San Diego and saw the Tambo. I couldn't believe how much I loved it. I am not a man of massive means like most Tambo owners, but I seriously considered financing that puppy. Had I not just put a deposit down that week for our first house, I probably would've bought it.

Long story short, I ended up not buying the house (ended up hating the town we bought in, and didn't want to buy anywhere I wasn't living long term in Cali in 05), not buying the vaporware 2006 R6 the house deposit money went to and found an almost too good to be true deal on the SPR while looking for used Tambos (having not found any new ones).

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sgcullen said:
Greg-

No need to justify the toys in your garage. If you can afford them and you appreciate them for what they are then that's all that matters. And, have fun!

To answer the question on this thread...I fell in love with MV's when I went to the Art of the Motorcycle exhibit in Las Vegas. They had an F4 on a pedestal when you first walked in and I remember standing there for about 30 minutes just staring at the thing. I went back to the exhibit 3 or 4 times mainly just to oogle at the F4. I knew then and there that I would own one someday.

Steve
thanks steve,
i appreciate that
and.... as for the F4... there has never been a more beautiful bike
i think we can all agree with that

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WYD OPN said:
Greg-

Here's your justification in a nutshell. The Tamburini is the "Daddy" of all F4s and cost $43K new or currently used. Though not a Tambo, the R actually offers several updates and upgrades not on the Big T.

What a value. The 1000R is $23K... the 910R is $18K... that's $41K. YOU SAVE $2K!!!! Use the savings for TT&L, a vacation, or (best of all) a "bribe" shopping trip for Carol! One of each, I say. Happy riding.

-Blake
hmmmm
Blake, i CONTINUE to like YOUR way of thinking...
thanks

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WYD OPN said:
Greg-

As for the thread question:

I fell in love with MVs sequentially. I loved the F4 750 when it debuted; but being a horsepower junkie, I lamented the lack of full-liter displacement and dismissed it as a "pretty face". (Step 1)

I later saw a Brit mag feature the stunning 750 Senna in late 2002, along with the preliminary "spy" announcement of a forthcoming "F5 1000" version. (Step 2)

The F4 1000 debuted, but only in traditional red/silver livery. Wanted to see a full-on liter-sized Senna-style successor. (Step 3)

The Tamburini... uh... uh... ah... excuse me... oh... where was I?... Yes... love at fourth sight!!!! What? $43 THOUSAND? Cough... Cough... (Step 4)

The Brutale... then the R. The Senna... now the R. (Step 5)

Now I'm a lifer!!
i'm RIGHT behind you, my friend
on the highway to.... excess

1 - 20 of 72 Posts