MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry chaps,this has once again probably been discussed before...but can the wheels off the 1000 R or 312 model fit straight on the 1000S model, even thought the brake callipers are different(don't know whether the offsets are the same on the discs and diameters are the same?)

Any one done this mod......and any pics please.

Thanks Barry

·
Registered
80 Posts
barry996suzuki said:
sorry chaps,this has once again probably been discussed before...but can the wheels off the 1000 R or 312 model fit straight on the 1000S model, even thought the brake callipers are different(don't know whether the offsets are the same on the discs and diameters are the same?)

Any one done this mod......and any pics please.

Thanks Barry
While we're at it, what about the wheels from the 1098? Is that a plug and play swap?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ozboy said:
They are the same wheels as the R
I'm not too sure about that one, if you compare the two rears the Ducati one has a pronounced centre boss that the MV does not.

The 'R' wheels will fit straight on providing you fit the axle from the 1000S front wheel into the R wheel

·
Registered
103 Posts
the axle size is larger with the older bikes. you can change the bearing size to fit the smaller axle but i dont know about the other way around. the ducati wheels are not the same wheels they are the marchesini version of the mv brembo's. and i know brembo makes marchesini's but they are a little different. i think they should interchange though i use the same stands on my 1098 as i do with my mv

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
morgan said:
the axle size is larger with the older bikes. you can change the bearing size to fit the smaller axle but i dont know about the other way around. the ducati wheels are not the same wheels they are the marchesini version of the mv brembo's. and i know brembo makes marchesini's but they are a little different. i think they should interchange though i use the same stands on my 1098 as i do with my mv
Front wheel bearings are the same, thr 'R' has two spacers to make it smaller

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Bette check brake rotor OD for front wheel. Brembo brakes are 320mm OD, while Nissins use 310mm. Rears are all the same.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Don't know why...probabbly just for the sake of being different but the 1098 rims have Marchesini written on them while the MV have Brembo.

·
Registered
520 Posts
There are some subtle differences between the 1098 wheel and the 312/R wheel when you compare them side by side even though manufactured by same. The rim on one has a ridge and also the central hub is slightly diffrent. As to whether the internal dims/fixings etc are the same, I haven't a scuby
Tont

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Broken Rims?

While we are on this subject,has anyone heard of the Brembo superlights failing?
The spokes are thin on the perimeter,you would assume over time with riding up curbs,speed humps etc,they would show signs of metal fatigue.

It could be one more check to do before riding.

Just imagine one of the spokes failing at speed ! Not meaning to creep anyone out,just a thought as these new rims begin to age.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts