MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If the spacer on the older wheel was not required there would be no problem and there would be no need for a shim on the rotor. The spacer adds about 2 mm for which the rotor shim compensates. There should be no more than the normal amount of drag on the wheel from the brakes and should not affect the performance.

Dons, my bike does not have ABS
Hi George
There should be no drag if you spin the wheel. Sorry that this is carrying on like it is, and thanks for your help. I've not seen that lip on the fork leg until now, never needed to take notice it, and I'm wondering if is not something to do with ABS on the models after yours George. But I might be wrong there. We've got a guy asking about this wheel swap on a Y10+ F4.

I'll show him and Ralph this thread.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Hi George
There should be no drag if you spin the wheel. Sorry that this is carrying on like it is, and thanks for your help. I've not seen that lip on the fork leg until now, never needed to take notice it, and I'm wondering if is not something to do with ABS on the models after yours George. But I might be wrong there. We've got a guy asking about this wheel swap on a Y10+ F4.

I'll show him and Ralph this thread.
There is going to be some drag simply because the pads are contacting the rotors, but how much drag is the question. The calipers slip right on and bolt up fine but there is some drag. I guess I need to mount the original wheels and compare

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
?

I just measured a Brembo Superlight front wheel

it is symmetrical.... although the numbers are weird

disc mounting surfaces 111.1mm apart

bearing to bearing (outsides) 139mm

I don't have a spare set of spacers to measure

Donsy; you said '10+ wheels have larger bearings, what is the size or the number?

why they went with a lopsided fork leg is beyond me......

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Donsy; you said '10+ wheels have larger bearings, what is the size or the number?

why they went with a lopsided fork leg is beyond me...... Tell me about it.

Sorry Noel, I'm not near any of my info at the moment, but over here is picture of the wheel bearing, you'll be able to compare it with your wheel bearing numbers. Bearing number 6005-2RSH
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120865
Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts

why they went with a lopsided fork leg is beyond me......

hi
on any bike you got these sizes
and what you Bearing

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
ildar;

the dimensions of the '98-'09 front hubs;

1st they use 6907-2RS bearings, larger than your 6005-2RS bearings....

so you will need to make spacers

the hub is 139mm wide to the outside of the bearings

the disc mounting surfaces are 111.1mm wide and the disc has an 80mm

hole

I didn't measure the disc bolt circle but will if you want

hope this helps

·
Registered
102 Posts
ildar;

the dimensions of the '98-'09 front hubs;

1st they use 6907-2RS bearings, larger than your 6005-2RS bearings....

so you will need to make spacers

the hub is 139mm wide to the outside of the bearings

the disc mounting surfaces are 111.1mm wide and the disc has an 80mm

hole

hope this helps

I ask you to do this to measure the bolt disc

6907-2RS size 35 * 55 * 10. but I have a clip at the front 30 mm

i can replace the bearing on this example 6006-2rz
but then still have to change the axis or her case 30 mm

·
Registered
84 Posts
F3 aftermarket wheel options?

I've done several searches but nothing too recent and specifically on mapping out the wheels options for the F3 675/800. I'm still shopping for my F3 800 and part of that process is mapping out key upgrades, one if which is lighter-weight wheels. I've got RotoBox RBX2 Carbon Fiber wheels for my 1199 and they are hands down the single biggest performance upgrade I've made, which includes $4,000 in Bitubo suspension front and rear.

I'm not looking for carbon fiber wheels for the F3 800, mainly because I plan on doing a lot of track time with the bike and would never trust the trackside guys to do tire swaps on carbon fiber wheels. That's the real downfall with those, they are definitely f'd if somebody starts to shave off a rim and compromises the weave.

So I've only seen the options from Design Corse so far, which would be the Marchesini M10RS (https://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f3-parts/mv-agusta-f3-wheels/marchesini-m10rs-wheels-detail) and the Dymag magnesium (https://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f3-parts/mv-agusta-f3-wheels/dymag-lightweight-wheels-detail)

Does OZ not make the Piega or Piega R for the F3? I haven't found a vendor that sells them so I guess not.

As for weight, the Design Corse page for the BST wheels claims the following:

F3 OEM 5.5 inch Rear Wheel Weight: 4.70 Kg
F3 OEM Front 3.5 inch Wheel Weight: 4.18 Kg
BST 5 Spoke 5.5 inch Rear Wheel Weight: 2.98 Kg (1.72 Kg less)
BST 5 Spoke 3.5 Inch Front Wheel Weight: 2.54 Kg (1.64 Kg less)
Total set weight reduction: 3.36 Kg, 37.83% less

Curious if anyone has any aftermarket aluminum wheels on their F3 and could report on cost, source, actual weight difference, quality impressions, riding impressions, etc.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
okay, here is the scoop on swapping wheels. The older big bearing wheels will not properly work on the newer bikes with the small bearings. I will explain why. This is only based on the 2012 Brutale 1090 RR. If you look at the pictures I posted you will notice the fork bottoms are different. The left protrudes further inside. That protrusion replaces what would normally be a spacer. The protrusion fits directly against the left inner bearing race. On the other fork there is no spacer. The axle is the spacer and is designed to fit against the right side inner bearing race. This design allows proper spacing of the forks so the brake calipers fit properly. If the bearings were inter=changeable you could use older wheels, but the outside diameter is not the same.

Why is this important? Because if you decide to buy a set of Magnesium or Carbon wheels for your new bike and they were made for an older bike you will be wasting your money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Donsy, while this thread is interesting and valuable, I don't agree that my thread belongs here. I was specifically asking for aftermarket options of new wheels specifically for the F3 series, not if older wheels could be swapped here. I guess the several searches I did before posting my thread didn't show any previous discussions of aftermarket wheels for the F3 so perhaps no one does have any information.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
First I think we need to gather all the info we can, and then we can stick it into a specific thread. You asked for F3 specific in the F3 section.
What about B3 wheels?
What if Gen 1 wheels can be installed on your F3, we've already seen guys install them on B3's?

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
F4-B4 wheels?

ildar;

here are the dimensions;

A, 111.1mm brake disc mounting surfaces

B*, 139.0mm thats outside to outside, inside doesn't count:naughty:

C, disc mounting shoulder 80.0mm

D, the bearing is a 6907-2RS.......35x55x10

the bolt circle is 103mm

the spacers used to mount the wheels to '07-'09 MVs are on my Brutale sorry.......somebody with a spare set will have to measure them

there you go

·
Registered
102 Posts
ildar;

here are the dimensions;

A, 111.1mm brake disc mounting surfaces

B*, 139.0mm thats outside to outside, inside doesn't count:naughty:

C, disc mounting shoulder 80.0mm

D, the bearing is a 6907-2RS.......35x55x10

the bolt circle is 103mm

the spacers used to mount the wheels to '07-'09 MVs are on my Brutale sorry.......somebody with a spare set will have to measure them

there you go

thank you

41 - 60 of 166 Posts