MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The distance from rotor to rotor is 2mm larger on the older wheels? OR Smaller? I guess I'm confused.
Smaller by the sound of things. I'm trying to figure out if it's on the Brutale only, or also on the Y10+ F4's.
Can you measure yours for us please ?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Smaller by the sound of things. I'm trying to figure out if it's on the Brutale only, or also on the Y10+ F4's.
Can you measure yours for us please ?
I don't have it here with me. I can get it Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't have it here with me. I can get it Saturday.
Thanks John, I'll keep gathering all the info I can get on my side in the meantime.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Wow, that's not good mate, keep an eye on things to make sure they stay tight.
By shimmed I mean it had to be offset by 2 mm further out so the caliper would line up with the bolt holes on the fork bottom. Also, I figured out the only spacer that needs to be turned down is the one on the left. When I get a chance I will take pictures to illustrate all of this

·
Registered
938 Posts
I get 4 7/8" space between rotors on a 2012 F4R (Star Wheels).

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I get 4 7/8" space between rotors on a 2012 F4R (Star Wheels).
Hi John, wen you have a moment, could you measure inside distance, disc to disc, with disc pushed inwards and outwards as far as they can go in the semi floaters. And metric if possible, I don't want to convert and then mess things up.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi John, wen you have a moment, could you measure inside distance, disc to disc, with disc pushed inwards and outwards as far as they can go in the semi floaters. And metric if possible, I don't want to convert and then mess things up.
Sorry, I guess from being in construction I'm used to measuring at the point where there is no play. So I measured where the carriers bolt to the hub.
So, You want the measurement at the outermost portion of the disc with them pushed together and pulled apart (both extremes)?
And, Once again I can't get the numbers right away.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Yes please, and no problem as far as time goes mate, much appreciated. I'm trying to figure out the why, what and where of this issue.
I just got some pictures from a mate who installed Y10 wheels on his F4 1078 and the spacers supplied to him by Evolutionbike.it.

Everybody I've asked in Europe tells me the same thing, those wheels of George should have gone straight in with these spacers if it where an F4, but nobody can help me about of with Brutale measurements.

I'll send Chuck a PM and ask him to measure up also when he has some time and is more mobile.

Anybody else willing to help with some measurements, please do so.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry, I guess from being in construction I'm used to measuring at the point where there is no play. So I measured where the carriers bolt to the hub.
QUOTE]

That's good to know, I doubt very much that the wheel thickness is the problem, but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
22,493 Posts
Dons, what do you want measured...and on which bike(s)?
I can do the 1090RR Brutale (2010), a 750 EVO3 (2002), and my 312R (2007)...but I don't have access to a 2010 or newer F4.

·
Registered
102 Posts
1090 2012 Brutale and 2013 F4 Fork layout

The wheels are the same width. I measured them. On the brutale it is the fork bottoms that are the problem. The first pic shows how the fork bottoms are different widths. The next 2 pics show the spacers, Whicj must be used with the older wheels and how each side is a different thickness. Because of the different thickness the shim had to be used under the left side disc

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

bearing skf 6005-2rsh.

Pfoto

Up

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
The wheels are the same width. I measured them.
That's what I was concerned about. If the wheels are the same width but you shimmed a rotor out, regardless of spacers, the rotors are now too far apart and will bind (or drag) when hot. The calipers width (distance between) has not changed but the rotors has.
Am I wrong?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Dons, what do you want measured...and on which bike(s)?
I can do the 1090RR Brutale (2010), a 750 EVO3 (2002), and my 312R (2007)...but I don't have access to a 2010 or newer F4.
The distance between the disc's please Chuck, on the 1090 only. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
If the spacer on the older wheel was not required there would be no problem and there would be no need for a shim on the rotor. The spacer adds about 2 mm for which the rotor shim compensates. There should be no more than the normal amount of drag on the wheel from the brakes and should not affect the performance.

Dons, my bike does not have ABS

21 - 40 of 166 Posts