MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the "pre" 2010 wheels fit the 2010+ bikes ? -Davis
I'm talking to the dudes at www.forged-wheel.com trying to get them to make a set for me using my bike for the pattern but, they want to how many model years the wheels would fit. .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, how many times has this question, or similar, been asked in the last month.
Sorry to be "redundant" but, I mostly stick to the 2010+ side of the forum since that is the section that most pertains to me and my bike. .
If I missed something here on the forum / my fault ! :(

Sounds like my question has been answered / and can I quote you here by saying: "Man, how many times has this question, or similar, been asked in the last month" (is there any real answer in that statement): should I take that as a "yes" or "no" (Sorry Donsy your reply didn't really clarify the answer to my question)?

Since you didn't answer (?); I assume the answer is "Yes", I'll forward that information to the wheel manufacture that I'm (trying) to work with. :)
p.s. You could just have P.M.'d me and told me I was being a redundant "dumb A$$": as opposed as to calling me an "ass nugget" in your reply!
As always; best to you and your family,
-Davis :jerkoff:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Nothing condescending about my reply Davis, if you had a bit of a look around, you would by now have realised that not everything about your model get's mentioned in that one section only.
Do we have to give every guy the same answer every single time, just because you or they, refuse to realise that there are Maintenance or Customizing ... etc sections also, or that a lot of parts are shared between models, you did ask about pre-2010 wheels didn't you.
Come on man, surely it's not that hard, and you call me rude or a wanker.
As for sending you a PM, why, so the next guy who refuses to look around on the forum, can ask the same question?

As you can see, your post is now in the Customizing section, scroll down and you will see a few threads about wheel compatibility.

PS. And on a side note, the MY10 + bikes use a bigger wheel bearing than the pre-MY10 bikes, so if you look at the parts list of the older bikes, you will see the spacer being referred to (you might not need this), and that's not found in this section, you have to download or look at the part numbers from the pre-MY10 bikes.

Sorry Davis, I never meant to be rude, just pointing towards the obvious, I never called you anything. Why involve my family ?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Does anyone know if the "pre" 2010 wheels fit the 2010+ bikes ? -Davis
I'm talking to the dudes at www.forged-wheel.com trying to get them to make a set for me using my bike for the pattern but, they want to how many model years the wheels would fit. .

Do yourself a favor and forget CZ wheels. They are such a hit and miss type company i'd hate to see you spend money on something only to later find out you have issues with a brand new part.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sorry to be "redundant" but, I mostly stick to the 2010+ side of the forum since that is the section that most pertains to me and my bike.......
I never understand that! I log on, then hit the "new posts" tab. If I see something specific to the triple models, then I must admit I generally don't tend to look, but anything else is fair game. There's lots of stuff in places other than just the pre '10 specific forum that interest me - why limit yourself in such a way? Would you go to a beer festival as only try one type "because that's what I always drink"?
Broaden your horizons mate :naughty:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Donsy; it was a poor attempt at satire. I was trying to be sarcastic because you didn't really address my question.

The > :jerkoff: thingy was ment to be a joke, a sort of "elbow to the ribs" you'd do to one of your buddies for being a smart a$$.

And the part where I said: "as always my best to you and your family" was sincere!

I did a "quick" search on the forum and couldn't find an immediate answer so I posted the question; simple as that.

For the record; you've always been very knowledgeable and helpful in the past, I honestly have nothing for respect for you & your family!

Hope we're all still friends here ! -Davis

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do yourself a favor and forget CZ wheels. They are such a hit and miss type company i'd hate to see you spend money on something only to later find out you have issues with a brand new part.
Can you recommend a better brand for me; I'd like to upgrade my bike to "forged" wheels . . :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Sorry Donsy; it was a poor attempt at satire. I was trying to be sarcastic because you didn't really address my question.

The > :jerkoff: thingy was ment to be a joke, a sort of "elbow to the ribs" you'd do to one of your buddies for being a smart a$$.

And the part where I said: "as always my best to you and your family" was sincere!

I did a "quick" search on the forum and couldn't find an immediate answer so I posted the question; simple as that.

For the record; you've always been very knowledgeable and helpful in the past, I honestly have nothing for respect for you & your family!

Hope we're all still friends here ! -Davis
You're a much better man than me Davis, it's my honour to know guys like yourself, I too apologise for being a dickhead. Stay safe, ride safe and all the best to you and all yours.:yo:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Can you recommend a better brand for me; I'd like to upgrade my bike to "forged" wheels . . :popcorn:
A friend of mine just bought a set from Design Corse :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate, I don't have that sort of money, but I would get them if I did.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A friend of mine just bought a set from Design Corse :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate, I don't have that sort of money, but I would get them if I did.
You have a link (is this another stupid question?) on where to find those; I did a "bing" search and all I can find is auto wheels. .
-Davis

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Varium, Dons; thanks for the info. Found a site that has a few options (for the F4 wheels) but, I'm still having a hard time trying to find the exact weight (savings) for any specific brand. However I'm in no hurry. I'll continue the research; Thanks to you both! -Davis

1 - 20 of 33 Posts