MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here bring up their front tire every once in a while! I mean Its hard not to, you force yourself not to but the urge! Although I love to see the faces of people when they se an MV and just when they think they seen it all.... you go ahead and bring up the front wheel on them! :D Anyone here feel the same???? And If so how do u bring it up clutch or power?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
MV4LA/RA said:
Anyone here bring up their front tire every once in a while! I mean Its hard not to, you force yourself not to but the urge! Although I love to see the faces of people when they se an MV and just when they think they seen it all.... you go ahead and bring up the front wheel on them! :D Anyone here feel the same???? And If so how do u bring it up clutch or power?
I occasionally pull 3rd gear stand-up wheelies..but I try to keep it to a minumum of once a ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Wheelies are fun sometimes (hard on forks), and I prefer to do power wheelies since I don't like slipping the clutch. At 6000' elev., it's not that easy; I can't wait to ride this bike at sea level!!
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
i prefer clutch, but i have recently learned how to better control power wheelies, so we will see. i wheelie almost every day, but on the days i doo, i doo it several times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I just let it come up under power in first, then shift into second. Or snap it at 8000-9000 rpm in second and shift into third. Those end up being 120 mph or so. Kinda scary. Not as bad as my r1 though. But not as easy either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power???

I would really love to learn how to do power wheelies on the MV! ;) I mean I know how to! But the rpm and torgue seems to high, not only pushing the engine a lot, but also bringing it up and it being very twitchy just to find the balance point increases the chances of a 1 oclock :eek: ! So my real question would be: How to have a power wheelie under control? I want to stop clutching them because I feel like that the clutch will wear out or go bad! On my R6 I would always power never clutch and I always had it under control (power wheelies)! Please give me the inside on powering (750 F4) , therefore I dont have to put to much stress on my clutch! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
vg,
How are you getting it up in third? I can only get it up in second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
ddnuts said:
vg,
How are you getting it up in third? I can only get it up in second.
Ya gotta bounce the front and power up upon suspension rebound. Comes up nice. Be sure to be around the 7-9K RPM range. My bike is also making some great power too..that might have helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vg!!!

Do u clutch or power 3rd gear? You have a 1000 though right? I have a 750 today i wheelied it in 2nd on the freeway but came up fairly fast ill try 3rd! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
MV4LA/RA said:
Do u clutch or power 3rd gear? You have a 1000 though right? I have a 750 today i wheelied it in 2nd on the freeway but came up fairly fast ill try 3rd! ;)
Power it up in 3rd and yes, I have a F4-1000. You can get that 750 up in 3rd.. you just gotta have it in high revs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
Keepin the wheelie under control

MV4LA/RA said:
I would really love to learn how to do power wheelies on the MV! ;) I mean I know how to! But the rpm and torgue seems to high, not only pushing the engine a lot, but also bringing it up and it being very twitchy just to find the balance point increases the chances of a 1 oclock :eek: ! So my real question would be: How to have a power wheelie under control? I want to stop clutching them because I feel like that the clutch will wear out or go bad! On my R6 I would always power never clutch and I always had it under control (power wheelies)! Please give me the inside on powering (750 F4) , therefore I dont have to put to much stress on my clutch! ;)
I still haven't master this art (don't know if I ever will now that I have a twenty thousand dollar bike underneath me), but when I do play around it's always with power. You don't need as much as you may think. I fact you should have more than enough with the 750 once your inside the power band.
About that 1-oclock situation you mentioned. Once you have it up (power or otherwise) you need to use the rear break to control rotation. Have your foot on it and ready, through out the wheelie- apply as needed to decrease angle. I've yet to master this myself (to much going on I guess) but I've seen those that do and there're literly able to balance the bike straight up in the air with it. :green:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
Paul Kelly said:
I still haven't master this art (don't know if I ever will now that I have a twenty thousand dollar bike underneath me), but when I do play around it's always with power. You don't need as much as you may think. I fact you should have more than enough with the 750 once your inside the power band.
About that 1-oclock situation you mentioned. Once you have it up (power or otherwise) you need to use the rear break to control rotation. Have your foot on it and ready, through out the wheelie- apply as needed to decrease angle. I've yet to master this myself (to much going on I guess) but I've seen those that do and there're literly able to balance the bike straight up in the air with it. :green:
Rather than risk dropping your $20k bike, try one of the wheelie schools. Here in the UK it costs around £100 per day and you use the school's own specially prepped bike (1200 Bandits are popular). I'm useless at wheelies too and I don't want to risk dropping my bike trying, but both my old Evo III and my current F4 will lift the front end easily, accelerating hard in the first 3 gears. :)
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
john said:
Rather than risk dropping your $20k bike, try one of the wheelie schools. Here in the UK it costs around £100 per day and you use the school's own specially prepped bike (1200 Bandits are popular). I'm useless at wheelies too and I don't want to risk dropping my bike trying, but both my old Evo III and my current F4 will lift the front end easily, accelerating hard in the first 3 gears. :)
and everyone seem to be invinsible? what about helmet replacement? medical bills?
 

·
Living the Dream
Joined
·
2,760 Posts
VG, good to hear from you man, Style and i were just talking today if you were still around riding. And you are right, 3rd gear wheelies are possible with the power we are getting, and damn are they fun with that kind of speed. These bikes beg to be ridden fast and love wheelies just as much as speed. At least that is what mine tells me :smoking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Yes, ive been known to do a wheelie or two on my MV, perhaps thats why I just replaced my clutch plates last weekend after only 7k on my MV DOH!! :eek: :cussing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Paul Kelly said:
Once you have it up (power or otherwise) you need to use the rear break to control rotation. Have your foot on it and ready, through out the wheelie- apply as needed to decrease angle.
hmmm, I was wondering why I couldn't use my front brakes to control the wheelie???? I guess that answers that! :rolleyes: ;) :later:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
hmmm, I was wondering why I couldn't use my front brakes to control the wheelie???? I guess that answers that! :rolleyes: ;) :later:
That's cos your front wheel has dropped out Kamran!! :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
I wheelied a lot with my 750 and always used the clutch (imho it´s more gentle :) ).
But with the 1000, it´s unable to keep the front wheel down in first two gears... :naughty:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top