MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just removed the wheels on the brut as it's time for new tyres and gonna get em hydro dipped in carbon fibre. Front wheel removal was as expected but the calipers clear the wheel by about 5 thou of an inch so needed to push pistons back to give a bit more free play. Rear wheel nut was too tight to remove with 3 foot breaker bar (yes I know its a left handed thread) but fortunately many years ago I bought a centrifugal nut runner from argos for £20 and worth every penny it was. It runs off a cig lighter socket and spins up to silly speeds then it works centrifugally and cracks the nut off. No need to hold the wheel to stop it turning. Came off after 3 clicks effortlessly. Well pleased. Cant wait to see end result with carbon fibre wheels and new tyres.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice, looked at getting some parts hydro dipped for my Dragster. Got any more info on that nut runner? brand etc, I'm intrigued.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
You are supposed to remove one caliper from the front fork to enable front wheel removal.
Just a tip for easier R&R so your new rims don't get a ding.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed both calipers. Just pointing out that the clearance to get the caliper away from the wheel is minimal.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jogort, Mine is a Clarke model. Similar to this
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/t9oAAOSwdU1W-r5R/$_35.JPG

·
Registered
590 Posts
Cheers squidger

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got off the phone to the guy. He was flatting my wheels down now they've been printed and laquered. He said it was like sanding down concrete cause the finish is so hard. I'm picking them up tomorrow then refitting disks to front wheel and having new tyres fitted and balanced so bike should be back on road tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Will take pics.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sussex Hydrografix at Polegate did the work. Nice old boy. I used him because most people just get them dipped but he rubs them down primes them paints them prints them then laquers them for £80 a wheel. Takes a week but well worth it. His number is 07846 335047. Hes a biker and does a really good job. Tell him Fred recommended him.

http://www.sussexhydrografix.co.uk/

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sussex Hydrografix at Polegate did the work. Nice old boy. I used him because most people just get them dipped but he rubs them down primes them paints them prints them then laquers them for £80 a wheel. Takes a week but well worth it. His number is 07846 335047. Hes a biker and does a really good job. Tell him Fred recommended him.

http://www.sussexhydrografix.co.uk/
Thanks - I think my wheels will be down with him after the summer :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts