MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F4 has an internal locking ring on the rear right hub nut . Does anyone have info as to wether a outer clip can be fitted like the left nut or the Ducati set up ?

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
?

AgustaRod;
Is there something wrong with your internal locking clip?
Yes, you must remove it to use the rear stand, on the wheel side but you can't use
The Factory stand for that anyway because it's a POS

You could use a cotter pin instead of the clip but you haven't gained anything by doing so

>:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My factory stand is awkward to use one handed so I use a standard paddock stand with a stainless tube through and onto the forks of the stand for ease of use and quickness But I have to remove the circlip as the wheel does not rotate very well with the clip in position it fouls the hook . so I considered the possibility of utilising a clip like the left side Ducati do it so I wondered if anyone had info .

I put the locking circlip back in when I ride of course.

i had heard on the rumour mill that a Ducati hub nut may fit but I cannot confirm at this point. But looking at the pics I reckon they do not as the Ducati uses a cone washer and hub nut .

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
And MV uses reversed nut. From what I remember Ducati uses the regular clockwise to tight

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And MV uses reversed nut. From what I remember Ducati uses the regular clockwise to tight

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Doh I should have remembered that scratch this question .

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Another option, I suppose, would be to use a low profile flat head nail and insert it from ID to OD and then bend as you would a cotter pin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts