MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i had some slight brake fluid on my wheel for few mins. When cleaning up i took some rubbing alcohol to remove it. When it dried up where i whipped turned white. I tried various car cleaners and a quick wax and cannot restore the color. Any ideas wtf happened and if i can clean this?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Yikes! Try using a motorcycle spray wash/polish with wax.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a chemical guys motorcycle wash wax i tired. It looks like it got a little darker but still really noticeable. I also have their matte jet seal wax that i used with not much luck. Iv never seen this with such a little bit of brake fluid

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Try WD40

Reactions: jdgun

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
WD40 is an option. You could also go to an automotive paint supply and ask for Pre-paint prep. It should cut any residue on the surface without harming the surface.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update- wd40 did nothing for this but the concentrated paint prep did work. thanks for the input, I was hesitant to use anything strong incase it would make it worse.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
@mgucci: Those wheels are hard anodized, unless you actually etch the surface, whatever is on it will come off if you use the right product.

Out of curiosity, which Paint Prep did you use?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@silentservice703: Good to know so it was definitely some reaction when i wiped the wheel that caused the white substance to really cling to the finish, I used chemical guys green clean its a concentrated cleaner they say to dilute, I used it straight on to a rag then wiped the wheel. its like a prep and surprising strong, Iv even used it to clean carpet stains with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts