MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it intruiging of sorts to see what people do for a living. Also, you can kinda correlate the kind of bike people have, with the profession most of the time. Example? Usually people with the BMW's are usually professionals, lawyers, doctors...a successful professional. Yet, those with a Jap bike, usually falls into the middle class arena. Your average working american, either living paycheck to paycheck, or upper middle class. Obviously there are those caveats where it's completely off and indeed, the billionaire just wanted a Suzuki 500cc scooter...

I kinda fall somewhere in the middle...oddly too. I work at Gap Kids/Baby Gap. I'm a regular employee, corporate employed though. Meaning that, I was a Manager, but was offered a Corporate Stockroom trainer of sorts and had to step down in store to a regular empoyee/non-keyholder. Basically, when a new store is opened, Is et-up thier backroom to streamline operations/organization. Pay is good, although...it sucks. I hear corporate america BS, and now it's all political. And I'm under the jurisdiction of the store manager AND corporate...kinda double screwed. I'm actually thinking of going down to part-time (to keep the discount, lol), and working somewhere else. Target actually, at just one store, as thier stockroom manager. What's funny is, I live at home with the rents cause my dad is a Merchant Marine, and my mom wanted somebody at home while he's gone and bribed me. So I sold my condo to move in at home...don't even need the full-time pay or hours....kinda backwards....

So, what do you do for a living? Why'd you go that route? Age?

·
Registered
796 Posts
i am 20 and still a student in economics.used to sell swiss watches but because the market is so flooded with good fakes people don t trust the gray market.and for good reason,you can t believe how good some fakes are especially rolex and omega which are the easiest one's to forge and which sell the fastest.curently looking for a work at home kind of job,filling in data bases or stuff like that

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh...yeah, saw that when it was like 4 pages long, lol. Figured I'de start a new one...but not really the same thing....might be though, didn't read all 44 pages of that thread, lol.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
oicdn said:
Heh...yeah, saw that when it was like 4 pages long, lol. Figured I'de start a new one...but not really the same thing....might be though, didn't read all 44 pages of that thread, lol.
...So, you are telling us you are too lazy to read and asking us to post the same info again? :wtf:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha....No, I read probably up to about page 30...where it started to dabble off into conversation. I did however, read the long posts and the ones with pictures there after...so I apologize to those who posted a biography that was really short and/or didn't have pics in the late late late part of that thread.

Prolly shoulda been more clear there.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
hahaha.

Peter - if you're a plumber, then what to you call the guy who comes to unclog all the hair that's in the drain line of my shower? A drain-snake Doctor?

Me: 39, gEEk (electrical engineer)

Reopropf said:
plumber, 49

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well..... I'm a alcohol tester...... 45 years old biologically..... still a teenager in reality !!!!

Trust me guys Beer is good :jsm:

Ok, still 45 and an engineer/ machinist who makes things from ejector seats to bike brakes via whatever someone wants making......

And I wish I was the first one for real :bandit:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So...if you're a machinest engineer, I blame you for not having a steering damper mount out already for the Brutale, lol.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
22, student. Graduate in June with computer science / ee major (uc san diego computer engineering).

As for work, freelance web development, work with the director of information theory & applications at uc san diego, and mv.net :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Alex,

The person who cleans the drain in the shower....that's called my wife.

And by the way...it is 10 friggin degrees here. I can only dream of whipping the Tamburini around. Hence, my real profession is that of a DREAMER.

Keep warm guys and pray for spring. And you guys down-under, enjoy yourselves.

Peter

1 - 20 of 72 Posts