MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two days when I visit here there seems to be something up with the website. This is what is happening: I come to the site via a bookmark and the new posts are highlighted as usual, if I click on a link and then use the browser back button the main forum page has reverted to yesterday. I can refresh to bring the page up to date, but everytime I use the bbrowser back button it reverts. This only happens with this site so I doubt it is my computer, but it could be. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
796 Posts
i have another concern.i am using the opera browser and sometimes the pages seemed over dimensioned especially when there are pictures involved.the funny thing is that the avatars and the writing is normal ,but instead of multiple rows the hole post is shown on one line.maybe it has something to do with the layout,like i said it does not happen all the time and it s not a major annoyance ,it is kind of cool actually because i can see all the pictures in full format not in tumbnail mode.wish i could offer a more detailed explanation but my crappy english is an obstacle

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
A few comments to address:

1) When you hit the browsers back button, it does not refresh. It is not reloading the page, but in fact drawing it from your hard drive (its called caching) to speed up the load time. That is why it is "reverted to yesterday" and when you refresh it is "up to date"

2) When there are large images involved, the site stretches out... the text will fill the space appropriately, so if the site is stretched out far, then the text will appear on one line. Your browser probably does not support javascript of some sort, which auto-resizes the images...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alvin, when I refresh the screen shouldn't it update the cache? It seems like it should but I don't know enough about computers to know.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
RobP said:
Alvin, when I refresh the screen shouldn't it update the cache? It seems like it should but I don't know enough about computers to know.

it should. sometimes though i get it just refreshing the screen, not the cache.

Try holding "shift" down when you push the refresh button. That should force it to reload the page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts