MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
You've not been to the UK have you?
It's been unseasonably dry this summer, drainage is usually something we concentrate more on over here :laughing:
They water the greens but not the fairways/boundaries ;)

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Last time I was in the UK outside of London was 1974 or so. I was in the pool/Bournmouth area.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
That's where I live :)

I do agree with you though, I would have expected a competition course that is holding an Open would have watered the coarse? It's not like there's a shortage of water, a couple months ago most courses looked like this!

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1405665105.388112.jpg

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
That's where I live :)

I do agree with you though, I would have expected a competition course that is holding an Open would have watered the coarse? It's not like there's a shortage of water, a couple months ago most courses looked like this!

View attachment 161226

Looking at this picture, I would recommend taking the 4 iron and pitching up short on the Mallard Duck's back..

After last nights down pour, everything should be nice and green for the final round.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was really pulling for Tiger this weekend but he's making it hard on himself only being even after two rounds. Looks like Rory is here to play this weekend though.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It's considered bad manners in the UK to waste water on making grass grow.

We are only 2 days away from being in a drought at any particular time. It's like that 'nuclear clock' of the '70s, except that at least four times a year they announce that we are having a water shortage (even during rain storms).

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
It's considered bad manners in the UK to waste water on making grass grow.

We are only 2 days away from being in a drought at any particular time. It's like that 'nuclear clock' of the '70s, except that at least four times a year they announce that we are having a water shortage (even during rain storms).
I blame the French... They own our national water supply here in the UK.. :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts