MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,593 Posts
I think that is for a radiator fan.
I don’t own a Brutale but the F4 does have a similar electrical connector that links to one of the cooling fans.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Could be the diagnostic plug...it is on the right side behind the triangular aluminum frame cover.
Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Font Fender

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
I think Ed is correct. The battery charging connection is under the seat and has two wires: One Red, One Blue.

How many wires in that connector and what are their colors?

·
Registered
F4 1000 S, F4 1000 R, F4 1078, 750 Senna, Tamburini, Tamburini, Corsacorta
171 Posts
If you measure the same voltage on the 2 pins like the battery voltage, then it is the charging connector ;)

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
If you measure the same voltage on the 2 pins like the battery voltage, then it is the charging connector ;)
@Manfred - there are three wires there. The charging connector only has two.

·
Super Moderator
25,326 Posts
It is in the correct location for the Diagnostic Connector. It has three wires - like the Diagnostic Connector.
The Wire Colors should be: Terminal 1 - Pink with a Black Stripe, Terminal 2 - Green with a White stripe, Terminal 3 - Pink with a Yellow Stripe.

Line Slope Parallel Rectangle Pattern

Reactions: Mungo!

·
Registered
MV Brutale 750 2003
37 Posts
It is in the correct location for the Diagnostic Connector. It has three wires - like the Diagnostic Connector.
The Wire Colors should be: Terminal 1 - Pink with a Black Stripe, Terminal 2 - Green with a White stripe, Terminal 3 - Pink with a Yellow Stripe.

View attachment 495150
Confirmation - From my 2003 B4 750 - Diagnostica Plug:
Note that the pin out numbers on the actual plug are sequential unlike the wiring diagram image above... Also, given that the wiring is nearly 20yo... The 'pink' actually looks rather brown :|
1 - Pink w Black stripe
2 - Green w White stripe
3 - Pink w Yellow stripe

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts