MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
girlfriend is looking at getting a mv but the issue is that she is 5' and 110 lbs. with all the lowering kits in the world, is it even possible to ride one at her hright?

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
You only need to put one foot down at a time....so if she is an experienced rider she can probably handle it....look at the motocross bikes....and some really fast riders, like Ricky Carmichael, are short...Ricky is like 5'2"

·
Registered
735 Posts
no, she will drop the bike sooner than later

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not impossible but might be rather difficult at 5'.
Might also depend on her experience, overall sense of balance, and some strength.
Shaving and reshaping the seat foam would help a bit as well.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Her overall height is not the issue really...I am 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. The majority of my "height is from my inseam up. My wife, who is 5' 6" has a 32" inseam....yes, she has nice legs.

On your GF, what is the distance from her heals to heaven?

Dropping a bike is part of riding. I only have one bike that I have never dropped...yet: My 312R.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Let's ask Danny Pedrosa. Same size. Yes of course his bike is lighter,
Key for her is to always be mindful of the balance of the bike when coming
To a stop, one step ahead of the bikes balance to the left, left foot down and
Stop. We all know this, I'm just breaking it down.
And if she drops it? Three guys will run over to pick it up for her,
No big deal, maybe get her flip-up clutch and brake levers for Christmas.:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
like every one has said, Her experience level will make a big difference.
There are women riding boots like the ones made by Icon that give women some 2" or more.
Have her sit on one.

·
Banned
157 Posts
You only need to put one foot down at a time....so if she is an experienced rider she can probably handle it....look at the motocross bikes....and some really fast riders, like Ricky Carmichael, are short...Ricky is like 5'2"
im 5`2" and get along fine on my R6 with one foot down or both feet with tip toes. experience does help.

no, she will drop the bike sooner than later
twat.
like every one has said, Her experience level will make a big difference.
There are women riding boots like the ones made by Icon that give women some 2" or more.
Have her sit on one.
I will post a pic of a pair of my riding boots and yes they do assist

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
There's a gal in the area that rides a Brute, must not be more than 4'8--Balance is all that's needed.

·
Registered
735 Posts
im 5`2" and get along fine on my R6 with one foot down or both feet with tip toes. experience does help.

twat.

I will post a pic of a pair of my riding boots and yes they do assist
well i could flat foot a giraffe w/stilts. off camber parking lots would ruin even a giraffe fallover :smoking:

·
Registered
456 Posts
i wouldn't lower it more than 1/2 inch most front and back i have a new brutale and 1/2 inch is lowered front and back and its fine only porblem is that the sidestand has to be shortened, bc the bike is almost straight up and down on anything but a perfectly flat surface.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
How about about an F3. I sat on it and its definitely lower than the F4. During I tip toe on my F4 I could have both feet flat on the ground at the F3.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Its always a bit un-nerving for shorter bikers. My ex. wife is around 5' tall and a competent rider but she struggled with the 'bigger' bikes we owned in the 80's and 90's. The average 750 was a physically big bike then and the largest bike she got on with was a CB400F Honda. Bikes are lighter and more ergonomic these days, but the F4 is a tall in the seat bike. I'm no giant at 5' 7" but I have no problems, there have been several threads on this subject, I think Allan started one off a couple of years back, that might be worth digging up.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts