MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone here ever sold their bike sand
I mean the one that comes with the bike
But I see that most people that buy their bike used sometimes never get the stand
anyway...
I have my stand
I am going to bring it to the dealer and try to sell it by consignment
I figure I can sell the stand seperately
I have the raer wheel slider/spool from e-moto
so I'm not using it anyway

What do you guys think a fair price is, considering the main way to get it is by purchasing the bike through a dealer???

I was thinking $150???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to use mine everyday
never had an issue with it
I saw a post where people were complaining about the fit?!?
I think it's pretty good actually
but I guess it's not worth selling for $50
but i would think it's worth at least a $100

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
good luck with the sale, here in the U.K. you would expect a price of £20 or £30 2nd hand

personally if it was me, I would either give it away free to someone in need

or

keep it just incase you get another MV

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'm sorry it was unclear to me if you were going to be keeping your bike or not, but if you are you may want to keep that stock rear stand of yours, as the "Motivation" type rear spool sliders are great, but don't allow for rear wheel removals. That would actually require a single-side type stand (like the OEM) to do.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
keep it. those spools arn't going to last for ever, and if you ever sell it, the new owner will be glad you kept it

·
Registered
215 Posts
If anyone has a spare rear paddock stand and wants to sell send me a PM. Only problem is I live in Ireland.

Thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey Mano, if you don't have luck with the stock stand you could get the pitbull stand. www.pit-bull.com I have one of these and it works great. With the US dollar being so low you'll probably get it for about 100Euro. it's $144USD.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Mano, if you don't have luck with the stock stand you could get the pitbull stand. www.pit-bull.com I have one of these and it works great. With the US dollar being so low you'll probably get it for about 100Euro. it's $144USD.

Cheers for the heads up Deburn. I will definetly have a look at those, really need one now to adjust the chain. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Cheers for the heads up Deburn. I will definetly have a look at those, really need one now to adjust the chain. Thanks again.
If your chain is getting loose to the point where it's getting unsafe you can adjust the chain tension without a rear stand.
Don't over tighten the two bolts at the back of the swingarm (28 - 32 Nm).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts