MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
there is no 2007 "S" model. The 1000cc "S" F4 model ended in 2006.....the R was the upgraded (engine, wheels, etc..) 1000cc F4 model for 2007 and the R312 is the 1000cc F4 model for 2008...along with the special edition RR 312 1078

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yeah - brakes, brembos not the nissins, wheels - black spider ones rather then the star ones, different engine - not sure whats different but better!! and obviously the paint job. Brakes are the biggest improvement tho.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can find the spec and details of their changes here:
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/models_past.html
ah, very nice. dont know how i missed that. Thanks!

do the brakes really suck that bad with the nissans? for those who have ridden, are the nissans comparable to what? the brakes on my 1000rr were crazy and the brakes on my VFR suck. are we leaning more towards the VFR? i cant imagine them sucking that bad.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
ah, very nice. dont know how i missed that. Thanks!

do the brakes really suck that bad with the nissans? for those who have ridden, are the nissans comparable to what?

Ever watch the Flintstones? :D

Seriously, they're okay. Probably a click down from the Brembos on a 999 or R1 and aren't the overkill of the 1098's.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nissins are OK if you change the pad material, never had an R so I can't comment on the Brembos

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
cast iron rotors make the nissins even better... if you can put up with the rust..... they now have S.S. rotors that provide much more bite than the stockers.

The black one is my rear cast iron full floating rotor....very nice, but no difference in rear braking that I can tell of.....it looks good though:jerkoff:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Other than the brake calipers, etc, subtle differences include 320mm rotors on the R and later models instead of 310mm, a different clutch (aftermarket slipper clutches fitment are different from the R and S), cat/pipe/lambda sensor, and rear tire profile.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
just wondering what the difference is before i make a purchase. couldnt find it anywhere that lists them
The biggest difference between all the modules over the last 10 years is the the paint job. The brakes and wheels have also changed, however I think they changed for "fashion" reasons only. Ho, and the price has changed as well. :f4:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry I can't help myself.
You Mr Wood are a dead set idiot.
If you go back to the original F4 it was a 750. Fast forward to the latest F4 312R and the only thing the same is the overall look. Every mechanical component, engine, injection, electrics, suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres etc etc are all totally different. Not "just a paint job".
Please can't you sell you MV and move on...please.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts