MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a thank you to all for helping me to learn about the Brutale. As you know from my earlier posts, I'm a recent owner of a 2006 910s.

I just got it registered today and I've been laughing all day long. The issue is "How do I ride this thing?" Given the gearing on the bike I find it impossible to be aggressive with the throttle, since the bike lifts the front tire REALLY easily. I also find it hard to "fine tune" the throttle. Very small wrist movements make the bike respond like an "on-off" switch, instead of the "rheostat" response on other bikes I've owned.

I drove to the dealer to have it give it a once over and I'll have the fluids changed in a week or so (not really needed according to him, but I like to start at a baseline on any bike). He suggested that I might consider changing the sprockets and performing the "520 conversion" that he said alters the response to something more suitable for street driving. I've read about it on the forum, but I'm not sure I fully appreciate the differences. Any comments from those who have done the mod are appreciated.

I'm also amazed at the handling. The bike turns so quickly that I barely get it to lean over. The tires are quite well worn from side to side so clearly the previous owner got it to do what he wanted. I was surprised that after my first ride the tires had road dust down the middle, with little evidence of any use on the sides of the tires. I love turning and leaning, but I'm not sure I've got the technique for such a quick steering machine. Any pointers are appreciated.

By the way, those of you who suggested to "just do it" and buy the bike are absolutely correct. An amazing machine.

Finally, there seems to be a loose fitting part in the front end. Whenever the revs exceed 6K there is a sympathetic buzzing in the front. I can't find where it's coming from. Any thoughts?

Again, thanks for the help. What a machine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
In regards to the throttle response, I recommend removing the spring.

And the buzzing is likely the intake covers. Try pressing your hand on one when it starts to buzz and see if the noise stops

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Given the gearing on the bike I find it impossible to be aggressive with the throttle, since the bike lifts the front tire REALLY easily. I also find it hard to "fine tune" the throttle. Very small wrist movements make the bike respond like an "on-off" switch, instead of the "rheostat" response on other bikes I've owned.
Stick with it... it will give you excellent throttle control!

If in doubt: twist the wrist! - power wheelies are your friend. Plus they look really cool! :yo:

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
If in doubt: twist the wrist! - power wheelies are your friend. Plus they look really cool! :yo:

...we obvioulsy know who the local NZ lunatic is now :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
...we obvioulsy know who the local NZ lunatic is now :stickpoke
try it.. move your asre back on the seat abit and give it a handfull at 6000rpm! scary as hell!! :wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Start bike, say a prayer of thanks to which ever deity you worship, open the throttle and proceed to grin like a Cheshire Cat until you get off the bike again.

Then call your bank manager for a loan for another tank of petrol and a new back tyre.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Start bike, say a prayer of thanks to which ever deity you worship, open the throttle and proceed to grin like a Cheshire Cat until you get off the bike again.

Then call your bank manager for a loan for another tank of petrol and a new back tyre.

Well said ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts