MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents (and ladies),

Riddle me this... I want to sell my 2005 F4s 1+1. 10,300km, carbon rear hugger, brand new Dunlop Qualifiers just fitted yesterday, full service history, never dropped, etc etc.

What is she worth??? I'm in Australia by the way.

Time to trade in for the F4 1000 R! :ahhh: :love: :yo:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
All depends on how lucky you get. I think you might get a deal very close to what you might get privately with a trade in with Feeneys but selling it private I'd say around AU24-26,000 maybe more, depends how long you want to sit on it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you, but dealers will give you crap money for second hand bikes. I suppose it depends on how desparate you are willing to sell.

You'll crap yourself if I tell you on how much I paid for my MV mint condition 2000 model 750 with less than 8000km on the clock, so I wouldn't make it public incase it devalues your sell price. Good luck, if you get $24k for your trade in, take it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Chino,

I think you will do well, I looked for a second hand F4 1000 for a couple of months and they never come up. I would have bought one for around $28K, I ended up buying a demo for $30K.

I could have bought a number of 750's (some older ones down to $17K) but never got the chance for a 1000.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Chino,

Me thinks a trade is the way to go, if the R is going to be at about $38k I reckon you will get 29 - 31 depending on the extras you might buy

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was at freeneys last week while i was on holiday i looking at some prices on secondhand MV saw a F4 1000s 2005 11K on the clock AGO inotation with red velvet seat gold meshing grills owner wants $25K it was on consiment.
my guess trade will be around close $18K-21K

i also saw a 2003 F4 750s for about $22K & he will let go for colse to $20K
i miss out on a 2002 MV F4S for $15K may be next time
all in australian $

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
agusta01 said:
Chino,

Me thinks a trade is the way to go, if the R is going to be at about $38k I reckon you will get 29 - 31 depending on the extras you might buy
I thought about that, but at the moment the R isn't listed on the Aus website which means it might not be available for a little while yet, so I figured to just let it sit on the market. The Aus press is saying that there is no price diff between the R and the regular models. If it is $38k I think i would be better off with full system, airbox and PC3 and covering it in carbon - same result really!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RWG said:
I was at freeneys last week while i was on holiday i looking at some prices on secondhand MV saw a F4 1000s 2005 11K on the clock AGO inotation with red velvet seat gold meshing grills owner wants $25K it was on consiment.
my guess trade will be around close $18K-21K

i also saw a 2003 F4 750s for about $22K & he will let go for colse to $20K
i miss out on a 2002 MV F4S for $15K may be next time
all in australian $
Ago mock up would have taken a hit in the resale IMHO, simply because it ain't what it looks like.

PS: Resale value is worse than Ducatis!! :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The "R" is going to be release in the 3rd quater of 2006, I also heard and saw a advertisement some where that the Aus press is saying that there is no price diff between the R and the regular models thats why i think there giving away the chiped & exhaust free on the regular models.
buy an R if there going to be same price as the norm
alot of good expansive gear on the R for the money.
if u like V-twins cant go pass the 2006 Aprilla RSV-R or Factory (OHLINS & BRIMBO)every where on that bike & cheap in the $30K-$35K new
good luck hope you get the first R in AUST.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I saw same adverts in local bike press saying R was A$32 + on road costs, called Feeney and was laughed at.....try A$38 + on roads....it really was a miss print!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
agusta01 said:
Chino,

Agreed...Chino maybe you should just give Feeneys and ring and see what you can find out. They might talk possible trade in prices which could give you an idea of where you stand. They might also be able to give you a rough idea of when they are expected to arrive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
the R will be about au$32+orc there is no miss print the press have more idea on pricing as they get the first look interview with the R than anyone elsein the country.
we all just have to wait & see can't wait!

·
Registered
266 Posts
bike's worth?

When it come to "passion", the worth of our bikes is at best a secondary consideration. Do whatever it takes to make you happy. The few thousand dollars difference will be forgotten all-too-soon!!!:) Live your dreams!!!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts