Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post here.

I have been a member at mvagustaf4.com but it's now offline and I'm curious if anybody knows whats up???

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Agreed way too much good information, I'd like to know what happened, I just don't understand packing it up without warning. I tried to contact Velocemoto but haven’t received a reply; I might try an alternate email and see if he knows anything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MV Agustaf4.com

My first visit here - joined today. Like you guys I'd like to know where MVAgustaf4.com has gone. Still, since it dissappeared, I've found this site and am still just finding my way around.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
It is very odd that a site of such history would go down without a word. Let me know how I can accommodate- if there are any files and/or videos you would like me to publish please private message me or e-mail me at: [email protected]

Welcome new members to the board! Do post your MV to the registry to get your own registry profile :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks Admin. Have posted details to the registry.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Brutale forum

Anyone know what's happening with Brutaleforum at the moment. The site still seems active but all posts are missing?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
admin said:
Nobody knows the reason behind this? Anyone have any contacts?
got this off of the whois server. i looked up who has "mvagustaf4.com"
there's a phone number. someone want to give this guy a call?

Registrant: Make this info private
[-taken out upon request of t.p-]

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
admin said:
Nobody knows the reason behind this? Anyone have any contacts?
Yes and yes but it's no use at this point. It's gone for good.

Lost interest, moved on and didn't ask for volunteers before taking it offline probably sums it up.

There was some hope of retrieving the archives for posting but that is also lost now apparently.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
That still seems strange to build up such a site with a reputation and not wish to pass it on; Should at least have local backups to mail out

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Woah... Travis did ask. Several people turned him down, myself included. I certainly regret that now.

I think we were all hoping that one board would become the single source, rather than seeing people post the same message, same question, on three or more boards. Unfortunately, who do you trust?

It's not the archived information. It's not the features in the software. It's the people that make a great board.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gladio...glad you posted that, He would have had to be suffering some of mental disorder to just take it off without a word.

And you are quite right that it's the people that make a board great but allowing a site of that size and history to simply vanish..even still... is simply not fair on the many who's time and knowledge it was the helped create such an informative site.

To replace such a database will take some time and require the contribution of many. I just hope the people who helped create mvagustaf4.com will not be too jaded by whats happened and be trusting enough to give their time and knowledge to again answer the same questions they had already answered in detail and help create another great site for all us MV lovers out there.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
As many questions become answered on this forum, I will be adding articles to the "Articles" section of mvagusta.net for maintenance answers, modifications, etc. Hopefully that will be the start of a new database thats easily accessible by the MV community-

·
Registered
593 Posts
i own mvowners.com the lack of owners = lack of active forums, tough to justify paying to keep the sites going with so few people posting..... probably they came to the same decision...... when i took my forums down, only 1 or 2 people even noticed... :zzz:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
agusta01 said:
I agree, and more so the reason to make this the board that MV owners dial in to....
The jury is still out for me. I've already had two of my posts deleted and I've heard a few things from people I respect in the community.

So who are you admin? Why did you build this site? Why should we trust you'll keep this site around? Do you own an MV and how long have you been a motorcyclist?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.