MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Friday I took Molly to the selling dealership to have some issues dealt with. (More on these to follow.) The shop is located on one side of a small plaza. Directly across the parking lot there are a number of other retail stores including one called, NEXTMOD. As the name suggests, it's an import turner store.
From the time they opened, (noon by the way) until I left around three-ish there was a steady stream of hot hatches, time attack and drifter type imports coming and going. Not your usual fart can equipped, Fast and the Furious import wannabes. No, these guys were as serious about their rides as we are about ours! I had my own little "Import Tuner Show." After a while though I got used to the rumble and blatt of them. That was until I heard "IT"! "IT" didn't sound like those other cars. "IT" sounded NASTY! I heard "IT" coming and then caught a glimpse of it as the owner did a couple of laps around the buildings. WOW, what a sound!
I had to get some photos of this sweet ride.

Front 3/4 shot

Rear 3/4 shot

The MONEY shot!

Holy Buck Fatman, I felt so inadequate in my completely stock '06 STi.
But hey, my car is still a kick butt tow vehicle.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's a clean looking car. It's been awhile since I've seen one of those driving around. I think the last time I saw one was at Barber Motorsports for the Indy race.

What do you guys think of the new NSX that will be coming out? I was able to see a lot of what is going into it at one of the new model meetings I attended earlier this year. I am going to be interested to see the response once we release it.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
That's a clean looking car. It's been awhile since I've seen one of those driving around. I think the last time I saw one was at Barber Motorsports for the Indy race.
I'm still kicking myself for selling mine in '07......

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
Could you imagine Rob in that?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I really like the old NSX. A spectacular car leading the field at the time and still turns heads today. Acura hit the mark with that one.

The new NSX should have been put out within a year of people seeing it. I think it missed it's window to be "spectacular" and will now be compared to Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers that dwarf it in power for half the cost. Let alone competing against cars in its price range and up like the GTR, 911, 'Vette (cheaper until higher trim levels available), R8 and I'm not sure I'd get into the quarter million+ assortment. Pretty sure it missed its window for greatness.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Definently missed the window. They just had photos of a new NSX under testing at the 'ring burnt to the ground. Ferrari, Porsche, and mcclaren have all released for sale I believe their performance hybrids.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Definently should have kept that car Randy. What a fantastic machine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Definently missed the window. They just had photos of a new NSX under testing at the 'ring burnt to the ground. Ferrari, Porsche, and mcclaren have all released for sale I believe their performance hybrids.
They wanted it to catch on fire so it could be officially join the ranks of other super cars:laughing:

The 918 Spyder hybrid is stating a 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds! That keeping up with our bikes off the line.

·
Registered
136 Posts
that ones on my list of dream cars, what a beautiful machine.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
In a word.......".underwhelmed"

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm pretty stoked for the Ford GT, though it's sad that the long eluded to and known NSX will probably be second fiddle to Ford's new supercar.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts