MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Cant believe what I am seeing. Im quite shocked the be honest and never expected this from you.
Out of all people you... Chuck, Purple bedsheets...really?
I couldn't find purple silk.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
That is awesome man, looks excellent!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exhaust valve?

Anyone mess with the exhaust valve on the 2018/19 Euro 4 Dragster. Couldn't help but notice this when I switched exhaust - but reading various threads I see lots of "opinions" on the issue. Does removal do any good in terms of sound and performance, or is it best left alone?

A couple more pics.....

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Leave it alone....it has affect on torque curve smoothness, not just sound.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Leave it alone....it has affect on torque curve smoothness, not just sound.
On the contrary, I'd say to unhook the cable and give it a ride. I was happy with the slight loss in pull in favour of a more predictable feeling roll on the throttle.

Only need a phillips screwdriver, if you dont like the feel, you can just hook it back to the valve motor

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the contrary, I'd say to unhook the cable and give it a ride. I was happy with the slight loss in pull in favour of a more predictable feeling roll on the throttle.

Only need a phillips screwdriver, if you dont like the feel, you can just hook it back to the valve motor
Hmmm, so can you be more specific. Do I need to take the xhaust back off to get at this, or can you do it otherwise. I guess I need have a closer look, be fun just to see for myself what difference it makes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hmmm, so can you be more specific. Do I need to take the xhaust back off to get at this, or can you do it otherwise. I guess I need have a closer look, be fun just to see for myself what difference it makes.
Sure, on the left side of the bike, there is a black cover over the exhaust valve motor. This controls the valve in the exhaust via 2 cables. There are 2 screws on the cover, which, when removed, will expose where the ends of the cables are seated.

It's very tight to just unhook, so what I did was remove the metal holder where the cable ends are seated (phillips screw) this will allow you to pull it out and give you room to unhook the cables. You can then screw it back (without the cables seated) and replace the cover. Ensure that the loose cables wont interfere with anything as well.

The motor will function as normal, so no errors will be thrown.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts