MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys
I am moving to Houston, Texas this summer together with my family. At the moment we live in Switzerland. In here I have my 2006 F4R. Its a standard bike in good condition and done 11K miles. The question is whether I should sell it here in Europe or bring it to US with all the other stuff? Local dealer has made me an offer for 9K$. If I bring it there, what taxes etc I have to pay? What would you do?
Thanks a lot for your thoughts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Sell it and buy a new or similar bike in the US if You plan to stay for years.
If You are staying only for a summer or so You could do a temporary import with a carnet.
But shipping buy air is costly, roughly 5000$ if You find an agent who will even bother.
DHL made me last Year a roughly estimated offer.
By sea is it time consuming and might anywhere in the 3500$ range.
Hazzle is about the same.
If You get 9000$ for the bike You can get a nice F4 in the US for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Haupti
We are staying for years and also my employer is taking care of the shipping cost. So 9000$ is enough for a nice F4 in the US

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Might peoples who actually brought bikes from Europe to the US can tell You more details about.
But You have to get Your bike registered in the US and Your bike is not US legal.
It is in my opinion not only the head light what makes the difference.
There is section in the parts catalogue indicating the differences on US bikes.
Look in our sales section section for prices on used F4 to get a ball park number.
You can also look at cycle trader to find prices.
The bikes where way cheaper in the US than in Europe.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Sell and purchase in the USA. The dealer's offer of $9000 is great for an '06 compared to depressed trade-in and retail prices in the USA. And import will be difficult anyway.

'06-'08s are in the $9-$12K range, with '07s probably being the most available (which is comparable to your '06 R since the MYs run 1 year apart for those series).

Fast by Ferracci has a Black/Anthracite '07 F4 1000R with 6,663 miles for an asking price of $9,549 right now, with a few extras added. And shipping anywhere within the US by Keyboard (the only one I use) is only about $600.

http://www.ferracci.com/bikes-showroom/pre-owned/2007-f4-mv-agusta-1000.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts