MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've moved to Arizona about six months ago and barely ride it. Summer's coming so it's going to be sitting for another couple of months.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I have been watching a few 2012 F4RR's drop from 24K to around 20K and still have yet to be sold brand new never titled.

Whats's the specific model and color? :)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Nice Evora. Good luck with your F4 sale. Are you not interested in riding it during the non-brutally hot months?

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a 2011 in Florida
With 900 miles
Askin price of 11k
Red / silver
If this helps

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Ouch. I would have thought that the later model bikes would hold value better than that. What was original list on those?

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I don't want to start a holy war about which model is better but perhaps this might have something to do with the pricing.

The first time I saw an F4 it was one of the older ones. When I got on the MV Agusta site and saw the new ones it was a deal killer for me and I started my search for one of the older style bikes and had a preference for the 750.

I did not even look at used 2010+ bikes because my WRONG expectation of the difference in price between used and new would be like most high end products and not really worth the hassle for the tiny savings. If I had fallen in love with a 2010+ bike it would have been a brand new one.

Its weird that products do this. An interesting similar example is Range Rover prices. The tip top of the line Range Rover sells for about 120K if you get the decked out Autobiography edition. Used you can pick up the older ones for pennies on the dollar. The cheaper Range Rover sport that sells for about 80K decked out ends up selling for more used than a similar year 120K Range Rover. How's that for weird as hell.

Back on topic.....

Allan. I would make the suggestion that you check out cycletrader.com and ebay and see what similar machines are going for in your area. Prices vary somewhat depending on market conditions and buyers. A great example is my personal bike. People here will tell you all day long it's worth 6K on a good day. I had no issues paying much more than that because of the color and condition. There's no exact science to pricing. You just have to find the buyer that wants what you have and is willing to pay what your asking. Supply and demand can be in your favor depending on your local market. When I bought mine it was the only F4 for sale in my area.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
hot?

its the end of March and you're already loosing it;

Allan, anticipating summer or thinking about boobies?????:stickpoke:stickpoke:stickpoke

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks. I may be trading it in for an Evora S. The best trade in value I could get was $9,000. So, I'd be happy to sell for $11,000. Well, the car dealer who it goes to would be happy to sell for $11,000 so they wouldn't have to turn it into a motorcycle dealer.

In the past, I would never think of selling my MV for a car. It's just now that I'm back in Phoenix, there's no where interesting to ride unless you go out farther when I'm want to. When I lived in Glendale-Montrose, CA, it was canyon nirvana there.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think he was asking about the Florida bike at the crazy low price.

How many miles are on your bike Allan? Any mods?

·
Registered
101 Posts
There were two MY2010 F4s on craigslist here in Colorado. Both had around 3k miles. The black one was going for $14,990 and the gray was going for $14,600. That seemed a little high to me. Awhile back there was one with about that mileage for $13,000. I would absolutely pay that. You're giving that bike away at 11k. IMO.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
why do people say MY2010? Why MY? Model Year?
Yes. Model Year. In 2010 there was a significant redesign.

The most noticeable thing about the 2010+ bikes is the ugly square tail pipes and more angular body panels as well as the single projector beam headlight.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts