Discussion Starter #1
Hi !!
I'm just curious about your first impressions riding your F4 :naughty:
Especially for those who never had a sport bike before :popcorn:
Zeb

·
Registered
190 Posts
Something similar to having an orgasm after riding the bike..sorry to sound so crude but I could not find any other fancy words to describe the correct feeling.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I had a '01 996 at the time I bought a used 2000 750 F4. My first impression was it steered much quicker than the 996 but had all the stability. Lacked the grunt and needed to be rev'ed and had decent power.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My first impression was "HOLY CRAP I'M RIDING AN MVEEEEEE!!!!", followed by, "You know what, this isn't any faster than my ZX-7R", followed by "OMG! 220 degrees!".

Since then I've learned a lot more about how awesome the bike is, but initially, I was disappointed with the peak hp and stressing out in NYC over the engine temp.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the seat was very tall an the corners of it very sharp . the seat felt like it was covered in ply wood at first an didnt think it was gonna fly .but once u got on it an moving it doesnt feel hard .

the first few miles my knees felt very close together , an so did my feet it was a little wierd . very skinny feeling

the bike felt very harsh in the way it delivered power something to respect. once i got the bike up to about 60 mph it tightened up in a way ive never felt a sport bike do . it literaly felt like something had connected the two axles together an the bike became one solid mass . very solid very safe feeling .

it felt odd for the first 300 miles , but now it feels like home , an im sure a jap sport bike would feel like a big couch to ride now .

ohh yeah the noises are sweet .

A

·
0 Posts
am i allowed to swear here?
holy F&&^%^@k was my first thought

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I was on a BMW GS 1150 before, then straight on a MV.
My first ride, almost :eek:nthecan: myself.
Im in first gear, when im on 5th on the Beemer. :jsm:

And riding home its like WOW im riding a MV :drummer:
Even to this day its still a WOW factor.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Shock and awe. Coming off of thousands of miles on my R1, RC51, and ZX7R (all well-tuned, and set up), I was really leery of what I had just purchased. Yes, it is a work of art, but it cost a bundle, and I was a wee bit aprehensive that I had just purchased a gold-leafed R1.

From my first ride to this very day, over 3,000 miles into it, I was, and still am, blown away. I had read the seat was not comfy, it is, it works. I thought the reach was long, and it seemed so at first, but now it is home.

Above all, beyond my greatest expectations, this is an amazing motorcycle. It has low-end torque like the RC, and revs to eternity like the R1, it is the best of both and so much more. I can't believe how hard this bike can accelerate, and the reassuring chassis that just begs for more throttle, even when the going gets very twisty. Set the suspension up correctly, and you are rewarded with a very capable apex-strafer.

I recently rode the R, and even at break-in revs, it still offers that same feeling, I look forward to riding the R again one day, post break-in and with RG3s, assuming Netizen does the right thing! :stickpoke

I have been fortunate enough to throw a leg over probably 50 or 60 different bikes in my day, and if I had to pick one of those, it would be an F4.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My first F4 was a 750 (5 years ago). I was coming off a long diet of Ducatis and had a 748SP race bike at the time. I stopped riding the SP on the road as it was pretty anti social by the time I was done with it.
I wanted a modern pure sport bike and couldn't bring my self to have a Jap, so when I saw the MV in a mag, that was it.
First impressions were that it was looked like a freshened up, modernised Ducati, which it sort of was.
Handling was a bit softer then my SP so that was good even though the ride postion was more extreme.
The engine just felt weird, with most of the go up top, but wow did it sound awesome. Except to those not on it, they couldn't hear anything.
It felt so refined and polished compared to the Ducati which was still quite angry and raw. I have had a series of Jap race bikes since and for some strange reason they just don't give the same overall experience.
What I wasn't expecting was the reaction from non bikers and bikers. Non bikers would just be blown away by it and want to have a chat and take photos. Hell 5 years ago I had guys coming up in cars beside just to get a look. For bikers they were polarised. The Ducati set just dismissed it because it had a 4. Sacrilege. The Jap guys didn't appreciate them as they could get similar performance at a lower cost, you all know the score. But 5 years ago it was an experience every time I whent out.
Even had the cops pull me up to have a chat and have a look. Never happened on my Ducati's.
I knew it was something special so I just kept going out learning how to ride a screaming in line 4 and it took the best part of a year, but I loved every minute of it. I haven't looked back.
I also then got a Brutale and last year a F4 1000. Now that was another experience,. Essentially the same bike but with a stonking engine. Where on the 750 I had to really ride hard to hang with the big Ducati boys, on the 1000 it is game set and match.
5 years on and I still can't wait to go for a spin, which I will this weekend.
We are very lucky people indeed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My very first thought was "Be careful, you know how expensive MV spare parts are" :)
The second one "WOW!!!! I can't believe that such a bike could exist! I must try ASAP on track!"

·
Registered
128 Posts
I Still Cannit Believe It When Im Riding My Mv. I Have 10 Other Bikes But The Mv Is Still The One I Put Under The Spotlamps And Sit And Look At. Even If I Never Ride It Again , I Will Keep It Forever As A Piece Of Art.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
:D <---pretty much somes it up!

then i remember feeling that the bike is made for you to go fast. the faster you go, the more comfortable the riding postion becomes, the more tucked you are the more telepathic the steering, the more control you have the more you want to rev it, the more you rev it...the faster you want to go. see the pattern?!?

oh, i think the first time i rode it a rock broke the headlight glass. :( that night i also realized how easy it was to outrun the headlights on park roads. HID kit solved all of that.

oh, and my first impression is still carried on to today...just more comfortable and more excited. in or out of the garage.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
bob said:
I Still Cannit Believe It When Im Riding My Mv. I Have 10 Other Bikes But The Mv Is Still The One I Put Under The Spotlamps And Sit And Look At. Even If I Never Ride It Again , I Will Keep It Forever As A Piece Of Art.

I had exactly the same impression Bob, :) except I don't have 10 other bikes :bawling:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I remember I was freezing because I was riding around Denver in the middle of winter at midnight. It was incredibly frustrating not being able to rally the bike too hard due to it being new. I had read much concerning how to break in a bike properly, and I think I went with the more aggressive break-in. I had stretches of wide open freeway where I really lit the bike up. I was obsessed immediately. The beauty of the MV is that the obsession never leaves you. There is no novelty that wears off. I am in more love with the bike now, vs. when the bike was new.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The first impression that I had was that I had never in my life experienced front end feedback in the way that the F4 gives it. Perfect in every way.
It makes every other bike I have owned, including the Ducati's, totally irrelevant.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts