MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the way my 06 910 looks and handles and brakes but the jerky throttle response just ruins the whole experience. i took it out the other day for an aggressive ride thru the twistys between san jose and santa cruze and although it was fun, it's so fucking touchy! i'm considering going with that costly ECU (whatever its called) but man i'm sick of fucking with it. i know everybody says it works but it's so expensive and....well....as much i want to believe it....

i want somebody to explain to me why you can't map the current ECU appropriately

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
You can map the current ECU appropriately.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Doug, if you a Euro 2 910S, then the Eprom on that bike is tuneable, in the US, Fast by Ferraci can help you. Have you tried a Powercommander ? What changes have you had done on your bike ? When's the last time you had the fueling looked at and TPS reset ?
I think there is a Microtec, suited to your bike, up For Sale in that section at the moment.

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
tuning a 1.6M ECU

dougn;

check the 2nd sticky down in the Maintenance Section

contact Adam (merc07) here on the Forum he has free software to allow you to tune your bike (you must buy the cables)

he changes the fuel map, ignition map and when the fans come on

he probably will send you the files too

:drummer:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
i love the way my 06 910 looks and handles and brakes but the jerky throttle response just ruins the whole experience. i took it out the other day for an aggressive ride thru the twistys between san jose and santa cruze and although it was fun, it's so fucking touchy! i'm considering going with that costly ECU (whatever its called) but man i'm sick of fucking with it. i know everybody says it works but it's so expensive and....well....as much i want to believe it....

i want somebody to explain to me why you can't map the current ECU appropriately
How about this??......http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f4-parts/mv-agusta-f4-750-1000-312-1078rr/f4-ecu-eprom-tuning/oem-ecu-reflash-mapping-detail from one of the forums most trusted and dependable sponsors..http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=969097#post969097:)
Brian.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in the san francisco bay area. i have the cables but i never got the software from Adam. my ecu has an EPROM. is it programable via the software?

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
Contact Adam and read his thread. If that fails, then chat with Rob at Rob's Dyno in Gardner, MA....if that fails, then let me know and I'll do what I can. If you can't burn chips, you'll need some help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You know, if it is set up properly as stock it isn't all that bad- you just need someone who knows how to do it. My 06 '910r is generally fairly ok and actually feels even more responsive than the new bikes which to me feel a bit soft on the throttle :)

...unless I'm not in the mood in which case it feels like its will bite my arm off and spit it out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts