MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the I rode a 999S thread has left me reconsidering my options should I miss out on the F4 1000 I have a deposit on. For those that don't know I have a holding deposit (and only half the money) I need on a secondhand F4 and am waiting to sell some high end audio gear (in store on consignment) to fund the rest of the purchase. I was promised that it would sell very quickly :loser: or by the end of Jan for sure.

Now faced with the prospect that I could lose the bike and with the second hand F4 prices here in AUS being what they are I might just consider a s/h 999S...can't believe I just wrote that...I'll just have to purchase some beer goggles if I do. :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
If what you really want is the F4, wait for it. :)
You need to sell that audio system to by either the MV or the Duc, right?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mate, the way things work in the world...you buy the Duc, next day the audio stuff sells, and you will kick yourself for a very long time....well as long as you will have the Duc for anyway!!

Hang in there....drop price of audio stuff?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, I have to wait to sell the gear before I can buy either, sadly I have dropped my price and will only have about AU$26,000 to spend on the bike which is the price of the 1000 (a great deal for an 05 with RG3 and only 1500kms...a new bike here is AU$32,999 + on road) and second hand prices here for both bikes are very high, usually only a few thousand shy of new price but as there are so many more Duc's around it's far more likley I'll find someone thats willing to offload one cheaper. As example there is a mint 04 999S in the paper here with Termi for $23,000 ono while the cheapest MV is $29,990. :stickpoke

·
Registered
96 Posts
Depends what you want.

If you want balls and all heart churning power - buy the MV.

If you want a bike that is deceptively quick - buy the Duke.

Go ride them both and tell us what you think.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've ridden both but neither in a way that I consider I have ridden them and there's no hope for another test ride on the MV as the demo model here has been sold and they are aware of my pending MV purchase.

Honestly I should be happy with either but really want the MV and my decision is not based on performance alone. Sadly at the moment for me my dilemma is financial rather than indecision.

Though in time I'm hoping this might just change...yesterday we (myself, my brother and our Chinese partner) were able to finalize a deal to be the Chinese distributors for Australia's largest speaker manufacturer :) and mid year will be importing some products here so hopefully I'll finally start making some money and who knows in a couple of years I may even have a new next generation MV, maybe even a fleet...and Duc's...or I might be selling whatever bike I have for food, we'll see.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd be happy to loan you mine until I can afford another high end system. I've been auditioning reasonably priced replacements and it's too sad. Just hope the sweet tone of the MV will help compensate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts