• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire do you prefer and why.

I am very happy with my Dunlop Qualifier RR. But as these are difficult
to obtain, I will most likely choose Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT next time.

Unless there are some here who have better options.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I like the Pirelli Diablo supercorsa, good for track day and street riding.
Diablo Supercorsas are great for the track, but road..........not so sure. They take a while to warm up, cool off quickly and they are absolutely shocking in the wet!:jsm:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
If you like the RR's you'll like the Sportsmarts even more. Fast warm-up even in cold weather, good feedback, excellent grip, even in the wet.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Diablo Supercorsas are great for the track, but road..........not so sure. They take a while to warm up, cool off quickly and they are absolutely shocking in the wet!:jsm:
Agreed. Have a look at the diablo Rosso Corsas....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i like Pirelli Diablo supercorsa
personally i'm big fan of Michelin

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
one that sticks to the road like shit to a blanket and lasts forever.:naughty:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I actually really like the Dunlop 211GPs. I have never been a fan of Dunlops until I bought my track bike and now the MV gets them to!

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Michelin pilot Power One's for this geek.
They stick like shizzle to a blanketizzle (I'm doing this wrong, aren't I, my homies?)

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you like the RR's you'll like the Sportsmarts even more. Fast warm-up even in cold weather, good feedback, excellent grip, even in the wet.
Dunlop Sportsmart can be a good option for me. Dunlop has a tire that is
more modern, I believe. CT2, which was developed some years ago. It is
important that a tire heats up quickly, since I live in a country with a low
temperature.

Most of my driving is done on the road. I have 3 track days so far this
year, and there might be another. So I'm looking for the best of both
worlds.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Dunlop Sportsmart can be a good option for me. Dunlop has a tire that is
more modern, I believe. CT2, which was developed some years ago. It is
important that a tire heats up quickly, since I live in a country with a low
temperature.

Most of my driving is done on the road. I have 3 track days so far this
year, and there might be another. So I'm looking for the best of both
worlds.
You might not believe this, but I've gone (on F4's) from Supercorsa Pro's (what a sticky trackday tire!) to Dunlop GPRacers (great on track, at the right pressure, once they're warmed up, useless elsewhere), Q RR's (a lot better), Q II's (good in all circumstances) to Sportsmarts on my F4 1078RR, Brutale 1078RR this early spring and now on my 312R.

Rode through pouring rain twice in central Amsterdam yesterday, cobbles and all, great confidence. Early morning, first few corners? Great confidence. Fast dry road riding? Grippy as hell.

Try them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro is the grippiest tyre not great in the wet but there again i dont ride in the wet unless i get caught out.....

:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
BT 16's are one of my favorites. The Supercorsa's on my 910 are the first Pirelli sport bike tires I have tried. I havent flogged it enough to render a decision.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
I had great results with Dragon SuperCorsa (OEM tires! I used up 2 sets), also liked the BT-016, although the front wore out much more quickly then the rear (but I tend to ride the front tire pretty hard). Currently on Pilot Pure and really like them. Did a track day as well as my regular street rides...no issues and wearing quite well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just picked my bike up today and only drove it home (30 miles or so...), but just got a new set of Dunlop Sportmax Q2s...changed from Perelli Diablo Rosso that came on the bike - they were just okay. (got 4K on them).

Post Dunlop Q2s - Bike's handling is definitely different and feels much more stable in a straight line and at lean angles. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You might not believe this, but I've gone (on F4's) from Supercorsa Pro's (what a sticky trackday tire!) to Dunlop GPRacers (great on track, at the right pressure, once they're warmed up, useless elsewhere), Q RR's (a lot better), Q II's (good in all circumstances) to Sportsmarts on my F4 1078RR, Brutale 1078RR this early spring and now on my 312R.

Rode through pouring rain twice in central Amsterdam yesterday, cobbles and all, great confidence. Early morning, first few corners? Great confidence. Fast dry road riding? Grippy as hell.

Try them!
I go for your advice MikeF4Black. Sportsmarts seems to win all the tests for 2010 and 2011.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts