MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Camaro Is up for sale on ebay, just finished it and need to cash out unfortunately. Just trying to expose it as much as possible and figure somebody here might want a new toy. :naughty:

Take it easy guys

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well theyre stock for a 2006+ z06 corvette, pretty sweet peices, just sucks being the test mule for them, as i believe im the first person with them on a first generation camaro.

I havent done a dyno pull, also the pcm is tuned for a more radical top end/cam combo than i ended up going with, however with a good tune it should be good for just north of 400rwhp and abt 370rwt keep in mind the car should be pretty well under 3000lbs... its quick, then again I learned stick on a viper so im a bit hp spoiled.
Oh and it should be good for 25mpg highway.

·
Registered
645 Posts
ilovefirstgens said:
Well theyre stock for a 2006+ z06 corvette, pretty sweet peices, just sucks being the test mule for them, as i believe im the first person with them on a first generation camaro.

I havent done a dyno pull, also the pcm is tuned for a more radical top end/cam combo than i ended up going with, however with a good tune it should be good for just north of 400rwhp and abt 370rwt keep in mind the car should be pretty well under 3000lbs... its quick, then again I learned stick on a viper so im a bit hp spoiled.
Oh and it should be good for 25mpg highway.
I am building 2 69's just like yours right now for a customer. LS2 GTO engines with a supercharger. Usually I do the t56 viper 6 speed bolted to a stock bell housing and a hurst shifter & stock console, so it looks stock. Good luck, I will pass the word around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rsduce said:
I am building 2 69's just like yours right now for a customer. LS2 GTO engines with a supercharger. Usually I do the t56 viper 6 speed bolted to a stock bell housing and a hurst shifter & stock console, so it looks stock. Good luck, I will pass the word around.
Haha small world, in the future im gonna do a full c5 67/68 hybrid with a couple hairdryers now THAT should be fun! :naughty:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
great car! I love the vintage US cars. My dream would be a Dodge Challanger...

But here in Germany it´s nearly impossible to drive such a car with fuel prices araound 1,30 Euros for 1 ltr. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ARCHILLE said:
Uh, I don't think Pete can leak an actual "spy pic" to the general public as he is part of the design team. :) (What say you, Mr. Chief Designer? :yo: )

Maybe Pete can comment on the currrent rendering of the next gen Camaro in the printed media. :naughty:

Haha i know, worth a shot anyways! :stickpoke

·
Registered
144 Posts
ilovefirstgens,

Very nice car! Not my time either, but I like 69's. When I was a kid, my dad had a green 69 250 automatic, it was totaled around 88 when my cousin pulled out in front of a honda civic. :banghead: I've been looking around for a regular 350. I hope you sell it to someone who'll appreciate all the work you've put into it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Velocemoto said:
I'm workin' on the new one, which was inspired by the 68-69 :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Velocemoto,

Is Chevy actually going to put this car into production? I saw pictures of it from a recent car show in Detroit I believe, and I fell in love with it! :love: I have always been a big fan of the first generation Camaro's!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
benzo_76 said:
Velocemoto,

Is Chevy actually going to put this car into production? I saw pictures of it from a recent car show in Detroit I believe, and I fell in love with it! :love: I have always been a big fan of the first generation Camaro's!
Yep, it was announced a few months back, it will be produced in 2009 though.

And for inspiration they brought in The Mule. It was built by Mark Steilow, who if memory serves me correct is a suspension engineer over at gm. Now THAT is a car! Though if it sold it wouldn't go for a penny under a half mil.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Yep...it's going into production.
...wont be exactly like the showcar..but close.
That things got 23" rims on the rear :yo:

Amazing story this car....showcar was done in Detoit, the initial concept was penned by a Korean. ..and now the production car will sit on a platfrom engineered hear in Australia.
The responsibility of transforming this thing into the production Camaro, without losing the Showcar's DNA has been a difficult job, and the responsibiliy of GM's Design centre here in Melbourne.
All this this, for a TRUE Yankie muscle car :naughty:

This is the start of GM truely becoming global, and utilizing all their areas of expertize world wide.
there's more coming...lots more...I wish I could tell you. For those who have a soft spot for GM products, there's a light at the end of the tunnel :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Velocemoto said:
Yep...it's going into production.
...wont be exactly like the showcar..but close.
That things got 23" rims on the rear :yo:

Amazing story this car....showcar was done in Detoit, the initial concept was penned by a Korean. ..and now the production car will sit on a platfrom engineered hear in Australia.
The responsibility of transforming this thing into the production Camaro, without losing the Showcar's DNA has been a difficult job, and the responsibiliy of GM's Design centre here in Melbourne.
All this this, for a TRUE Yankie muscle car :naughty:

This is the start of GM truely becoming global, and utilizing all their areas of expertize world wide.
there's more coming...lots more...I wish I could tell you. For those who have a soft spot for GM products, there's a light at the end of the tunnel :)
Just a few words of advice, dont mess with the silouette at all! im sure youll have to raise the roof a bit but the more but every bit counts! I remember seeing the production mustang and thinking wow, they took a perfectly good concept and completely ruined all the lines with the tall roof.

Then again id never buy a new car since i cant mess with it being here in ca and all engine modifications have to be CARB certified....

Anywho theres less than a day on the auction and its still at a REALLY good price.... :violin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts