MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what temperature does your fan kick in at?

I have heard the fan come in on mine a while ago but the temp gauge has started flashing once recently on me so i think its saying "help im too hot"

If the fan isnt working, what might cause it?

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2003 750.

Its got upto 112 degrees c and thats when it started flashing and i paniced

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok so at 217f thats 102c so that means at 112c my fan should be on.

Any ideas what might be stopping it coming on?

Help is grately appreciated!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
On my '00 750 the fan cuts in at 95C and goes off again at 89C. It starts flashing at 115C I think, but I've only ever seen it get that hot once, when I bought it and it hadn't had an oil or coolant change in six years. It's *very* rare I see it go over 100C. (And mine's a single-radiator 750.)

Si

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is due its first service so that may be it as it has been stood a while.

Its running ok on the open road but in town it starts to get all hot and bothered

·
Registered
92 Posts
The SPR turns on at 92C/198F and turns off at 87C/189F. I would suspect the other F4 750's are similar but don't know.

These bikes definitely are not traffic bikes, unless you want to toast your buns. I ordered and just received a sheet of adhesive backed reflective material to afix above the exhaust to shield the heat from toasting my back side while I'm waiting to get the hell out of traffic. Damn near had roasted chestnuts last week waiting for a wreck to clear. Would have hated to pull over and have someone think my SPR was on the fritz.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lucky13 said:
Which model F4 do you have ?
Its a 2003 ev03 750 with just 400 miles on the clock. It has been stood for some time and did suffer from the slight coolant leak but i topped it up recently and it seems to have stopped leaking now.

I dont think that would effect the operation of the fan though would it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SR71 said:
The SPR turns on at 92C/198F and turns off at 87C/189F. I would suspect the other F4 750's are similar but don't know.

These bikes definitely are not traffic bikes, unless you want to toast your buns. I ordered and just received a sheet of adhesive backed reflective material to afix above the exhaust to shield the heat from toasting my back side while I'm waiting to get the hell out of traffic. Damn near had roasted chestnuts last week waiting for a wreck to clear. Would have hated to pull over and have someone think my SPR was on the fritz.
Yes mate I know what you mean about that warm toasty feeling but ive been too busy enjoying myself to worry about that till it started to flash at me then i started worrying about the fan and how hot my ass was getting :eek:)

So it sounds like my fans not coming on. Anyone know what to check?

·
Registered
48 Posts
MV_Owner said:
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what temperature does your fan kick in at?

I have heard the fan come in on mine a while ago but the temp gauge has started flashing once recently on me so i think its saying "help im too hot"

If the fan isnt working, what might cause it?

Cheers

94C open in 312r

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No it's most likely not related to your recent coolant spilage. In fact both conditions are unfortunately very common on the F4. Have your dealer check the fan operation thermal sensor and associating relays, but ultimately expect more of the same when in traffic with the F4. Sorry. I know it sucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts