1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lot of us are superstitious about certain things:
1. how to avoid tickets
2. how to avoid an accident
3. having to take something "LUCKY" with you (in your pocket, etc.)

for me...
on my 2002 BMW K1200LT, the gear shift often broke from the factory secondary to the inherent weakness of a connecting bolt. after having it fixed, i always carried an extra one with me... i still carry it today whenever i ride... sort of a LUCKY CHARM for me

what about you?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dont do this for superstitious reasons, but I have a little gremlin that rides along on my monster. Since I added clip-ons to the bike, the stock risers are empty. This gremlin rides in the hole of the stock risers... Most of the time I don't know he's there until someone pulls him out.... whereupon I snatch him out of their hands, and put him back into his hole....

·
Registered
822 Posts
I try to ride 5 to 10 mph faster than traffic, no matter what the conditions, so I dont get run over. I also will almost aways pull to the head of a column of traffic when sitting at a light, for the same reason. Lastly, I stay as far away as possible from minivans and suv's. Other than that, if I have faith, why worry?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aprilia said:
I dont do this for superstitious reasons, but I have a little gremlin that rides along on my monster. Since I added clip-ons to the bike, the stock risers are empty. This gremlin rides in the hole of the stock risers... Most of the time I don't know he's there until someone pulls him out.... whereupon I snatch him out of their hands, and put him back into his hole....
this is a perfect post...
do you have a PICTURE of this gremlin?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some Guy said:
I try to ride 5 to 10 mph faster than traffic, no matter what the conditions, so I dont get run over. I also will almost aways pull to the head of a column of traffic when sitting at a light, for the same reason. Lastly, I stay as far away as possible from minivans and suv's. Other than that, if I have faith, why worry?
well put...
thanks for the contribution

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have a tiny metal tortoise, the Japanese lucky charm for a safe return...about the size of a coin....always with me

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm VERY superstitious. I never ride anywhere without a full set of Vansons, a Schuberth helmet, gloves and Sidi boots.

I also do a lot of other stuff just for good luck... stuff like checking the tire pressure, adjusting the mirrors, cleaning my face shield, grabbing the brakes before I put it in gear, double check to make sure the kickstand is up... that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Nothing superstitious, just the usual mental check-list for safety. And always squeeze to the front at a traffic light, to race with whatever is there.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
emmvee said:
I'm VERY superstitious. I never ride anywhere without a full set of Vansons, a Schuberth helmet, gloves and Sidi boots.

I also do a lot of other stuff just for good luck... stuff like checking the tire pressure, adjusting the mirrors, cleaning my face shield, grabbing the brakes before I put it in gear, double check to make sure the kickstand is up... that kind of stuff.
sounds like GOOD and PRACTICAL "superstitions" to me :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'm not superstitious but I did have a t-shirt that about 17yrs ago that made me think twice (I talked about it in something like a crashes or accidents you've had thread) and maybe it's had some lasting effect as I've been more conscious of not being superstitious ever since...left boot on first then the right boot on 2 or 3 times then back to left once or twice then right, no particular pattern....no I'm not superstitious :laughing:

·
Registered
822 Posts

Ohh, very superstious.....writings on the wall :drummer: :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts