MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a stand(s) to lift my 2005 Brutale 750, so I can perform various maintenance tasks (replace tires, chain, fork seals etc)

I have found various midlift stands, such as this, but I'm not entirely sure that it'll fit my Brutale without hassle..
Unfortunately I live in a slightly remote place in Australia, where no MV dealership exists - well not without riding 700+kms anyway :(

In my limited knowledge, these seem to be a great idea over a separate front/rear stand, as they seem allow easier access to the bike, along with being able to move the bike around easier in the shed. But I'm sure they have their drawbacks..

If I was to instead buy separate front/rear stands, is there anything I need to look for? The rear stands seem to be pretty standard, however the front stands appear to come with either a pin or plate to lift the front of the bike. Which do I need?

Can someone please offer some advice / experience?

Thanks so much.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
I use the pitbull hybrid forklift stand for the front. No special pins or adapters needed. I'd love a Bursig but the ground isn't totally level/smooth where I park my bike, unfortunately.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have axle sliders installed so the traditional paddock stands aren't really an option. I'm digging the super bike stand with the front lift arm. I like that it's one-person friendly and that there's no mod to the bike like with the Bursig. On the down side, it's not nearly as convenient or mobile as the Bursig. The skylift seems like it's a competitor with the Bursig, but definitely is a bit more involved with the straps and all the pumping.

The Abba stands seem like a good fit for maintenance in the garage, but probably not the best option for track days.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for a stand(s) to lift my 2005 Brutale 750, so I can perform various maintenance tasks (replace tires, chain, fork seals etc)

I have found various midlift stands, such as this, but I'm not entirely sure that it'll fit my Brutale without hassle..
Unfortunately I live in a slightly remote place in Australia, where no MV dealership exists - well not without riding 700+kms anyway :(

In my limited knowledge, these seem to be a great idea over a separate front/rear stand, as they seem allow easier access to the bike, along with being able to move the bike around easier in the shed. But I'm sure they have their drawbacks..

If I was to instead buy separate front/rear stands, is there anything I need to look for? The rear stands seem to be pretty standard, however the front stands appear to come with either a pin or plate to lift the front of the bike. Which do I need?

Can someone please offer some advice / experience?

Thanks so much.

If you are based in the UK, I have a spare Bursig stand available.

joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts