MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what size rear tire I should buy. I have tried all types in my past but never the 200/55 that the new 2014 mv agusta f4rr have. I was thinking about trying it but I'm unsure if it would fit on my 2012's swing arm. Has anyone tried it?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris. Okay, you don't mention which bike you have, but looking at your profile I assume it's an F4.
There's no reason a 200 tyre would not fit, it's more about the affect it will have on your bike, handling will be changed, wether you notice it or not is a different story.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is an f4r. I have done these sizes 180/55, 190/50, and 190/55. I have no edges (chicken strips) on my tires. I'm wondering if I go up in size it will give me more lean angle?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was wondering what size rear tire I should buy. I have tried all types in my past but never the 200/55 that the new 2014 mv agusta f4rr have. I was thinking about trying it but I'm unsure if it would fit on my 2012's swing arm. Has anyone tried it?

Had one (200/55) on the back of my 2009 Brutale 1078RR for the past 8 months. Mix up with the tyre place who made a mistake. Didn't have a 190/55 so offered me the 200/55 at the same price. It's a Dunlop Q2 up from a Pirelli. Brilliant tyre wet or dry and looking like I'll squeeze 7000k's out of it (daily commute and trips)

Didn't notice any real change in handling Donsy. Might going the other way maybe (back to 190/55). No problems with clearance.

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
That's cool Deano, it's been discussed many a time as you say.

The biggest problem is that guys don't consider how many differences between the various tyre manufactures, meaning their tyre profile is or can be so much different. You can put a 200 Dunlop on and it will feel so different than a 200 Pirelli, I thought there was something wrong with the tyre at first.

As for Chris's original question, no, I don't think a 200 will necessarily give you extra lean angle, but depending on what you used before, it might.
I doubt you will need more lean angle, on the track I've never run out of rear tyre using a 190. We now use 200's because the profile gives you more side grip, but is harder to make direction changes.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Yes the 200 will fit no problems , do a search and I have a pic on this site,I found the handling not as sharp as the 190 , so when I wore it out , I went back to the Dunlop sports smart , best tyre for road use , plus you will get great mileage out of it and grips like glue.

Cheers eddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts